Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: aloof
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By aloof
Do they sell socket 478 ATX mobos anymore?

I ended up frying an Abit IC7-G a week or so ago when installing a
power supply. Now I've been searching for a replacement motherboard and
can't find anything out there except for one at emackstudios...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 06, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By aloof
Fearing my motherboard is toast--any ideas?

Thanks Rod! That was very helpful. I ended up buying a new machine (so
there was a bright side) and am now going to find a motherboard that
would work with the old system with hope to salvage it as a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 06, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By aloof
Fearing my motherboard is toast--any ideas?

Also, one more question. Is it safe for me to just focus on replacing
the motherboard and try to salvage everything else (memory, video card,
drives, etc.)? I ask for two reasons: not sure if you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By aloof
Fearing my motherboard is toast--any ideas?

Hmm, that's a downer assuming you're not kidding (I don't think you
are). Can you help me understand what action you think did it though so
I at least learn something out of this experience? Was it...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4