Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ork .
Forum: Dell Computers December 4th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Ork .
AV/Firewall for new Vista Machine query

AVG and AVAST have a version for Vista..
Forum: Dell Computers August 19th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Ork .
Re Install Vista.

Would a clean install of W-Xp be required first..And then the Vista
upgrade..
Forum: Dell Computers July 1st 07, 08:51 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 45
Posted By Ork .
OT--digital camera selection?

Bewa
Most new point and shoot camera have eliminated the viewfinder...
Hoods are available for the LDS screen at Radio shack.

Some image stabilization only changes the shutter speed.

Memory card...
Forum: Dell Computers May 13th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Ork .
Wireless + Wired LAN?

With both Wired and Wirless activated I get a warning from Network
Magic..
My network does not work..
Forum: Dell Computers May 2nd 07, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Ork .
Vista discs included with new Dells?

Last year I e mailed Dell about Recovery disks. for # E315.

I received them free in 3 days.
Forum: Dell Computers May 2nd 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Ork .
Vista Sucks.... a Notebook Battery Down

I have not found anything on Vista any better than W-Xp.

Several thngs are worse..
Speed
Xp Power Toys gone.
Inferior Photo editing programs.
Avast and AVG iffy..
All day required for...
Forum: Dell Computers April 10th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Ork .
Repair command

I had a problem and tried.
Network Magic..

I liked it so well I bought it..
Forum: Dell Computers April 10th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Ork .
Dimension 9200 won't stay asleep

Press the off button on your monitor and get some sleep..
Forum: Dell Computers April 10th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Ork .
Dimension 9200 won't stay asleep

Earthquake tremors.

Trucks going by..
Forum: Dell Computers April 10th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Ork .
Slightly OT - DVD Recorder

I have two Liteon's recorders..
Very easy to use..Less than $100

Combo's not recommended.

My daughter bought an unkonwon brand to me at Radioshack works good..
It records only DVD minus disks mine...
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Ork .
Vista Issues

There's more..

Phonetry not working

HP Scanner inop..
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 12:52 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Ork .
Vista Issues

Avast will not install.. AVG ok

Incredimail doesn't work..
Forum: Dell Computers March 15th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Ork .
Will Dell OEM Vista install on another Dell PC?

MS has a bargain:
If you buy Boxed Vista Ultimate, you can install it on a second computer
and get a license for about 50 bucks..

I have used my W-Xp upgrade disk on several computers and...
Forum: Dell Computers March 7th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Ork .
Is a larger hard drive slower??

Are you into downloading movies..
If you are you need the bigger HD..

How much of your 80gb HD are you using now..

Maybe an external HD or an addition internal would be better..You could
back up...
Forum: Dell Computers February 28th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Ork .
Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 problem

Roxio 7:
I have a Roxio 7 disk that came with a Maddog burner..
I installed it successfully on 3 different computers..

I currently have Nero and Roxio on a Dell Dementions 315..With a
Lightscribe...
Forum: Dell Computers February 28th 07, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Ork .
Windows Vista Express Upgrade without Microsoft COA?

Run Belarc (Maybe it's there).

http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/ScenicCalif
Forum: Dell Computers February 28th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Ork .
Vista Networking

Try the free trial of Network Magic..

http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/ScenicCalif
Forum: Dell Computers February 22nd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Ork .
sd card reader on inspiron 640M doesn't work after i installVI...

In XP it's lettered "J" on my 315..

Could be anythng though..
Those letters jump around..

http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/ScenicCalif
Forum: Dell Computers February 6th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Ork .
OT - Super Bowl Winners!

http://community-2.webtv.net/Geo_H/VirusComputers/
Forum: Dell Computers January 31st 07, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 44
Posted By Ork .
Vista launch! Tonight! 10pm, at your local CompUSA! Bet...

GET A LIFE!! GET LAID!!!!
Where do I sign up for that?

I think it part of Vista supreme.

http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/ScenicCalif
Forum: Dell Computers January 20th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Ork .
OT - Vista Ultimate offer

OT - Vista Ultimate offer

Group: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell Date: Sat, Jan 20, 2007, 12:15pm From:
(georgie)
From CNET: http://tinyurl.com/3yl27e
excerpt: "In what is being...
Forum: Dell Computers January 9th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Ork .
suggestions about USB 2.0 PCI adapters

I bought a 4 port pc card Hong Kong special on E bay for $12..
Works for me..
I plugged three printers and a zip drive into it..
Forum: Dell Computers September 2nd 06, 06:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ork .
Which DVD disc correct?

DVD+ to burn..
It will play both + and -...
Forum: Dell Computers August 4th 06, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Ork .
2nd Dell XP Home Restore CD?

He can mail it to your for less than a dollar..

He probably doesn't need it.. If he does mail it back..
Forum: Dell Computers July 27th 06, 07:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Ork .
Cooling pad question

Is that what drained my battery so fast..

I have the same cooler..
I bought it from www.cyberguys.com
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25