Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jack R
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack R
Power dissipation of hannspree HG19WNY "New York" LCD monitor?

From the site you reference:
Power Consumption
ON Mode ? 36W
OFF Mode ? 1W

Jack R

"blackhead" wrote in message
Forum: Matrox Videocards December 31st 07, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack R
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Dima...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 31st 07, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Jack R
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Dima...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 31st 07, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Jack R
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Dima...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 7th 07, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 20
Posted By Jack R
M2N32-SLI Deluxe: System Turns Off after 5 Seconds of Turning On

"Steven Saunderson" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:04:42 -0500, "Jack R"
wrote:

At least I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 7th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 20
Posted By Jack R
M2N32-SLI Deluxe: System Turns Off after 5 Seconds of Turning On

"BlackRain" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:01:55 -0500, "Jack R" :

get a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 6th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"666" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:01:55 -0500, "Jack R"
wrote:

BTW, top posting is not preferred in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 3rd 07, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 20
Posted By Jack R
M2N32-SLI Deluxe: System Turns Off after 5 Seconds of Turning On

--stuff deleted--

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try a PS from another computer.
Even though the system runs for 5 secs, do you think it could be
the Seasonic? If the PS had gone bad,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 3rd 07, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 20
Posted By Jack R
M2N32-SLI Deluxe: System Turns Off after 5 Seconds of Turning On

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:27:42 -0500, "Jack R"
wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
Hello,
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 2nd 07, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 20
Posted By Jack R
M2N32-SLI Deluxe: System Turns Off after 5 Seconds of Turning On

"Paul" wrote in message
Hello,

I would sincerely appreciate any help with my problem. Yesterday
I went to turn on my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 24th 07, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.linux.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Jack R
Boot sector problem with Vista? Howto load Linux onto a clean, formated HD?

"raylopez99" wrote in message
Hi all, including you nuts at C.O.L.A--laugh all you want.

System...
Forum: Overclocking September 7th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack R
reluctant overclocker considering C2D E6600

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
'»Q«' wrote, in part:
| This makes sense, except for the FSB=450. To overclock the E6750
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 4th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack R
8800GTX Factor Overclocked Verification?

The ATITool reads (and controls) my eVGA 8800GTS just fine.
I suggest you give it a try.
Jack R

"Steve Mavronis" wrote in message...
Forum: Overclocking July 14th 07, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 17
Posted By Jack R
CPU Heatsink info.

'Jack R.' wrote:
| Thanks for your thoughtful response, it's appreciated.
Forum: Overclocking July 13th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 17
Posted By Jack R
CPU Heatsink info.

'Jack R.' wrote:
| Thanks for the response.
| SpeedFan and others show...
Forum: Overclocking July 13th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 17
Posted By Jack R
CPU Heatsink info.

'Jack R.' wrote, in part:
| I'm now ready to look for an aftermarket CPU...
Forum: Overclocking July 13th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 17
Posted By Jack R
CPU Heatsink info.

Hi all, I'm back again.
I'm now ready to look for an aftermarket CPU heatsink.
Looking at the online reviews, I've found reference to 3RSystems' Iceage 120
HS.
It has the unique feature of direct...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 6th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Jack R
Asus Mylogo and now my Computer won't boot now...

"ipps [EEPS]" wrote in message
Hey people..

I am having a major problem on this and I have tried my best...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 5th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Jack R
Asus P5LD2-VM

Try Pricewatch:
http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/search.asp?s=p5ld2&group1=2&sci=2&c=Motherboards
There are a number of dealers listing that MB.
Good luck,
Jack R

wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 28
Posted By Jack R
Any ideas

"Dave Cox" wrote in message
I've trying to reinstall windows on a friends PC, it reads the windows CD
but keeps...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack R
need to share monitor, keyboard and mouse 2 towers

"marcy" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience in what I should buy to share
one monitor, keyboard,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 27th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Jack R
P5N-E SLI Southbridge heatsink?

Dunno if it's helpful, but on mine, after I gave it the finger test, I
immediately stuck a small passive heatsink on it.
It can't hurt.
Jack R

"AJ" wrote in message...
Forum: Overclocking June 27th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jack R
CPU Voltage Measurements

"Forrest" wrote in message

"Jack R" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking June 26th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jack R
CPU Voltage Measurements

"Jack R" wrote in message
What utility/program do you folks use to measure the CPU core voltage?
I've been trying an assortment...
Forum: Overclocking June 25th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jack R
CPU Voltage Measurements

What utility/program do you folks use to measure the CPU core voltage?
I've been trying an assortment and getting varying results, so I don't know
what to trust, and which to use as a guide for OC...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54