Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W. Curtis Preston
Forum: Storage & Hardrives November 21st 06, 05:59 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
NetBackup 6.0 MP4 now available

For those of us who have been eagerly awaiting MP4 for NetBackup 6.0,
it was released yesterday.

I've downloaded it from...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 4th 06, 05:32 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Server vs. NAS Storage

I'd agree with everything the last poster said. In addition, I'd add
that most real NAS systems have stripped out everything in the OS not
needed for file sharing, resulting in much higher...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 1st 06, 06:22 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Curious about users' experiences with CDP

I'm guessing by your reply that you're doubting my "expert" status. I
suppose that's fair, since you don't know me. Just search on "Curtis
Preston CDP," or "Curtis Preston" on Google, and I think...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 30th 06, 10:00 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Curious about users' experiences with CDP

Feel free to reply via usenet, or send an email to the gmail address
you see here.

W. Curtis Preston wrote:
It's a popular topic among industry experts (myself included), but I
don't get to talk...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 30th 06, 09:54 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Curious about users' experiences with CDP

It's a popular topic among industry experts (myself included), but I
don't get to talk to many people that are actually deploying CDP
technology. I thought I'd use my renewed interest in Usenet to...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 28th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Inspiron 600m hard drive not found

Unfortunately, they make a custom hard drive. So, like a lot of other
things with Dell, you'll have to get it through them, AFAIK.

sriram anand wrote:
hi,
I was using the inspiron 600m notebook...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 28th 06, 04:00 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Commvault Galaxy Express

May I assume you've called support?

ttkkdog wrote:
I have Commvault Galaxy Express installed on my Windows 2003 server. I
have 5 iData remote agent licences. Is there any way to push the
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 28th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Life of a LTO-1 tape

This is a higly debated topic, my friend. The official answer is
something like 30000 passes (not sure of the real number). The problem
with that number is that most people shoeshine, and one...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 28th 06, 03:51 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Is there an offering from Veritas which is similar to EMC FileXtender?

There's also their HSM product as well, of course.

W. Curtis Preston wrote:
The product you are looking for is Symantec's Enterprise Vault,
FileSystem option.

Ramesh Pun wrote:
What is...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 28th 06, 01:55 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Curtis Preston
Is there an offering from Veritas which is similar to EMC FileXtender?

The product you are looking for is Symantec's Enterprise Vault,
FileSystem option.

Ramesh Pun wrote:
What is the limitation of FileXtender that you hope to overcome?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10