Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alek
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 19, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 36
Posted By Alek
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security Essentials”

Alek wrote on 12/10/2019 3:54 PM:
Lynn McGuire wrote on 12/10/2019 1:42 PM:
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security
Essentials”

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 19, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 36
Posted By Alek
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security Essentials”

Lynn McGuire wrote on 12/10/2019 1:42 PM:
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security
Essentials”

Forum: General July 6th 19, 01:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Alek
Enclosure for SSD thingy

~misfit~ wrote on 7/5/2019 9:11 PM:
On 6/07/2019 7:07 AM, Alek wrote:
I removed the SSD circuit board (M.2????)

Are you sure it's M.2 and not mSATA? If so the next step is to work out what...
Forum: General July 5th 19, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Alek
Enclosure for SSD thingy

Paul wrote on 7/5/2019 4:05 PM:
Alek wrote:
I removed the SSD circuit board (M.2????) from a computer that had died.
I'd like to use that SSD in a computer that does not have a plug-in
Forum: General July 5th 19, 08:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Alek
Enclosure for SSD thingy

I removed the SSD circuit board (M.2????) from a computer that had died.
I'd like to use that SSD in a computer that does not have a plug-in
connector for such a device.

Is there an external...
Forum: Printers August 29th 17, 09:27 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Alek
Epson XP-610 Inkjet Printer Cartridges

Percival P. Cassidy wrote on 8/29/2017 4:19 PM:
On 08/29/2017 03:57 PM, Alek wrote:
My wife has a hand-me-down Epson XP-610 inkjet printer. It told her to
replace one of the cartridges but we...
Forum: Printers August 29th 17, 08:57 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Alek
Epson XP-610 Inkjet Printer Cartridges

My wife has a hand-me-down Epson XP-610 inkjet printer. It told her to
replace one of the cartridges but we cannot find the appropriate part
number.

This printer has 5 slots for cartridges. From...
Forum: Printers June 3rd 17, 04:42 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 50
Posted By Alek
Printers survive 83 alone

micky wrote on 6/3/2017 11:03 AM:
I might have posted here 3 months ago looking for help on how to
schedule a print job for every month I was gone, so my inkjet printer
heads wouldn't dry out. ...
Forum: General May 3rd 17, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Alek
Question about USB

Paul wrote on 5/2/2017 10:13 PM:
Alek wrote:
My new phone has a USB-C female socket. And the charger cable that comes
with it has a matching USB-C male plug.

If I want to use a...
Forum: General May 2nd 17, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Alek
Question about USB

Thanks, oldtimer! :-)

But I didn't ask where I could find a proper adapter; I asked what a
proper adapter was called.

wrote on 5/2/2017 1:56 PM:
You should find a proper...
Forum: General May 2nd 17, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Alek
Question about USB

My new phone has a USB-C female socket. And the charger cable that comes
with it has a matching USB-C male plug.

If I want to use a different charger/cable -- like the one in my car --,
I need some...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11