Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Conor
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 5th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Conor
Acer 3800 is a 2.4 GHz Anyone else think the name changes are deceptive?

In article ,
Terry says...
I asked a friend who just bought a new computer how fast it was.
After looking at the instructions it turns out...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.win2000.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
Recovering - Win2Kcrash that wiped the OS

In article , RedFox
says...
Hi Experts,

I recently bought an Intel motherboard, cpu and RAM chips to upgrade a
computer. I loaded Win2K,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor
How do you free up base memory in an windows XP system

In article , Hawkeye
says...
Westwood Studios has made the full version if Command & Conquer
available free to download. and have added a .dll file to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 07, 01:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor
CPU temps, what is "safe"

In article ,
CoyoteBoy says...
I have a barton 2500+ XP with the stock cooler and in ~23C ambient
temps I have 40/42 sys/cpu and under load...
Forum: General August 30th 07, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor
How To Improve MP3 Player Audio Quality ?

In article , Trimble says...

A few months back I bought one of those super cheapy 'from the Far east'
1 Gig Mp3 & FM Tuner Ipod styled things from Ebay ...you must...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 28th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
splistreaming XP installation with AHCI driver

In article , senderj says...
All my floppy drives were failed and I don't want to buy one for my new
system. Obviously the new system will have SATA ports and I intended to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 27th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
BF2 Stutter since MOH Airborne and Bioshock installed (deinstalled for rootkit (?))

In article , Skybuck Flying
says...
I don't like Bioshock or Airborne anyway. Though I just played Airborne on
two gtx 7900 on all low settings
and was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 26th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Conor
Thermal compound question

In article , Musicrab says...
Hi - wondering if my Intel E4300 is sufferring from too much thermal
compound. Just been advised that only need a small amount...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor
Can the Cable Affect a Screen Capture?

In article , jim evans
says...

I uses Microsoft's Clear Type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClearType

Do you think this could be the cause?

Yes....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor
Can the Cable Affect a Screen Capture?

In article , jim evans
says...

It's a screen capture, not a photograph of the screen.

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

--
Conor
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor
Can the Cable Affect a Screen Capture?

In article , jim evans
says...
My card is a Matrox not an nVidia, but this is the only active video
card group I found and I don't think this question...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Conor
Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ and Vista

In article ,
says...
Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
Memory, graphic ad other hardwares are not an issue....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By Conor
Please don't laugh

In article , DaveW
says...
You may confidently tell him to RETIRE that video card. In no way is it
powerful enough, nor will it support the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By Conor
Please don't laugh

In article , DMP says...
My husband wants to use an old videocard and I mean old, but I told him
forget it, but he wanted me to ask, so I am.

The board...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 24th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
geforce 5700le to monitor out ?

In article DUGzi.840$Pd4.552@edtnps82, SL says...
Hi have Geforce 5700le
I have my 50" lcd screen hooked up as a monitor. Hooked up using S-video
cable
I see everything on the tv monitor...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 20th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor
Vista and DRM

In article , geoff felt
he had to say
For those running MM files on vista, have you experienced any issues?

No.

Apparently, MS caved in and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor
buying a new notebook

In article ,
jinxy felt he had to say
Hey all, I am looking to but a new laptop for university. Should I go
with the Intel core duo or the...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 01:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Conor
Repair Windows XP

In article , notbob felt
he had to say
On 2007-08-16, Conor wrote:

That says more about your incompetency than...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 18th 07, 01:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Conor
Repair Windows XP

In article , notbob felt
he had to say
On 2007-08-16, Conor wrote:

That says more about your incompetency than...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor
Use 2 nics for more speed?

In article ,
ridergroov says...
Hi folks. I recently upgraded my computer and my new mobo has 2 nics.
If I plug both of them into my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor
Baffling graphics card problem

Steve Pearce wrote:
Daugher says her computer isn't working, LCD monitor displays nothing
not even during boot-up. I open up the box and notice that the fan on
the Nvidia 5900XT isn't running....
Forum: General August 16th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Conor
Repair Windows XP

In article , notbob
says...
On 2007-08-16, Simon Finnigan wrote:

I fail to see how I`ve misread that when I claim...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 16th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Conor
Repair Windows XP

In article , notbob
says...
On 2007-08-16, Simon Finnigan wrote:

I fail to see how I`ve misread that when I claim...
Forum: General August 16th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Conor
Repair Windows XP

In article , notbob
says...
On 2007-08-16, Simon Finnigan wrote:

In other words you haven`t bothered securing your...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 16th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Conor
Repair Windows XP

In article , notbob