Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 1.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Darklight
Forum: General April 12th 07, 10:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Darklight
Pentium 4, Pentium D, or Athelon barebones?

My friend just built a PC with a Intel Pentium dual core i think e6300
it was a boxed CPU and it came with a decent fan.

I would stay away from OEM CPU'S If i remember correctly
OEM CPU'S come with...
Forum: General April 8th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Darklight
Quiet Case? Not so Quiet Case?

Talal Itani wrote:

Hello,

I am putting together a PC. I will go with a quiet power supply and quiet
fans. Does the case influence the noise level? I mean, are they quiet
cases and...
Forum: General March 31st 07, 12:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Darklight
problem with new wirelss router

wrote:

I'm trying to figure out if I have a defective router, problem with
the ISP, or some other odd problem.

I recently purchased a used computer, and it has a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 30th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,it.comp.hardware.cpu
Replies: 15
Posted By Darklight
Trying to figure out what RAM I should get

wrote:

Bought Acer Aspire T180-I97Z. As the dealer offered a bundle deal with
additional 512mb ram at discount opted for it. When the RAM arrived it
was total mismatch int...
Forum: General March 30th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,it.comp.hardware.cpu

wrote:

Bought Acer Aspire T180-I97Z. As the dealer offered a bundle deal with
additional 512mb ram at discount opted for it. When the RAM arrived it
was total mismatch int...
Forum: General March 29th 07, 09:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Darklight
Serious Subject - What Mouse do I get???

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Used to have a really good Logitech, very chunky and top buttons needed a
firm press to use but it broke.
Got another Logitech wireless mouse (can't recall the...
Forum: General March 25th 07, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 63
Posted By Darklight
Is the CPU too hot?

wrote:

On Mar 23, 8:28 am, wrote:
Hi,

My computer specs are as follows:

OSes: Windows XP Pro
Motherboard: ASUS P5ND2-SLI
Forum: General March 25th 07, 09:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Darklight
DVD-RW/CD-RW seen as CD-ROM

Beemer wrote:

"Beemer" wrote in message
| I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates. When I put a DVD-R in...
Forum: General March 21st 07, 10:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Darklight
Transferring and converting partitions to a new disk

Michel S. wrote:

Hello !

I bought a new 320Gb WD HDD to replace my existing 80Gb drive.

This drive currently contains 2 partitions, respectively 24Gb and 56Gb
in size. Both are FAT-32...
Forum: General March 15th 07, 09:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Darklight
The fastest pc in world

Aamir wrote:

Anyone have any idea what is the standard for the fastest pc in the
world??

i mean what makes them the fastest??

Question you should ask your self is this, do you need the...
Forum: General February 27th 07, 10:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,it.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 28
Posted By Darklight
Additional RAM proved fatal

wrote:

Bought 512mb ram to add to 2*128mb on 8 year old homebuilt machine.

Machine came up but with only 512 showing.

Someone more experienced tried to get 256 show up...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 07, 10:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,it.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 32

wrote:

Bought 512mb ram to add to 2*128mb on 8 year old homebuilt machine.

Machine came up but with only 512 showing.

Someone more experienced tried to get 256 show up...
Forum: General February 19th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Darklight
Reading files from linux when you use windows (No partition but 2nd HDD)

Robert Heiling wrote:

just_me wrote:

Hello,

I have installed linux in my 250 GB WD,

Are you actually able to boot that linux? and did you let the installer
put grub on the MBR...
Forum: General February 7th 07, 08:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Darklight
Case Fans in Series

kony wrote:

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:58:52 GMT, "Jeff"
wrote:

Has anyone ever run two 12V case fans in series in order to lower the
speed they both run? I was thinking...
Forum: General February 2nd 07, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Darklight
Computer not detecting RAM!!!

1932 wrote:

"Safe" wrote in message
Hi

I have an MS6714 motherboard,
Intel P4, mPGA 478 pin...
Forum: General January 31st 07, 11:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 42
Posted By Darklight
CPU Heat?

Jethro wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:16:50 +0000, darklight
wrote:

Jethro wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:02:39 GMT, Ken wrote:
Forum: General January 30th 07, 10:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 42
Posted By Darklight
CPU Heat?

Jethro wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:02:39 GMT, Ken wrote:

Jethro wrote:
Is there any software out there that can detect CPU heat and turn
machine off when heat...
Forum: General January 30th 07, 10:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 42
Posted By Darklight
CPU Heat?

Jethro wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:25:20 -0600, "Vanguard"
wrote:

"Jethro" wrote in...
Forum: General January 29th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 42
Posted By Darklight
CPU Heat?

Jethro wrote:

Is there any software out there that can detect CPU heat and turn
machine off when heat is excessive?

Thanks

Jethro

question what mb are you using
Forum: General December 20th 06, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Darklight
laptop,problem with screen

have a look at this
http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=26421007/id_type=M
Forum: General December 18th 06, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Darklight
laptop,problem with screen

seb wrote:

There is problem even if i try to use 800x600 or 1280x800 or 1440x900

seb
what resolution has worked for you and what os are you using?
Forum: General December 18th 06, 10:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Darklight
laptop,problem with screen

what screen resolution are you using?
Forum: General December 8th 06, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Darklight
CPU FAN - How complicated can this get?

wrote:

SL3XM.
(coppercore).
does it look like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-Intel-Pentium-III-CPU-SL3XM-700-MHz-Slot-HS-Fan_W0QQitemZ280034697438QQcmdZViewItem
Forum: General December 8th 06, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Darklight
CPU FAN - How complicated can this get?

wrote:

I picked up a new (used) CPU for my computer, in a "junk box" at a
local appliance recycler, for almost nothing. I plugged it in,
changed the BIOS settings and...
Forum: General November 27th 06, 12:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Darklight
Matrox Millennium G400Max 16:9 dualhead?

Noozer wrote:

Matrox Millennium G400
Max video card, under Windows XP.

this should answer your questions