Showing results 1 to 25 of 156
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nospam
Forum: General March 13th 21, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 39
Posted By nospam
Why is this HDD so small?

In article , Wolf K
wrote:

Sometime in the 1990s I had a true spinner that was about 2" square by
1" thick. Came with a leather case for...
Forum: General March 10th 21, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By nospam
How it is possible

In article , VanguardLH
wrote:

How long have SSDs been around at a price tolerable by consumers?

about 10-15 years.

Yeah,
and you want me to...
Forum: General March 8th 21, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By nospam
How it is possible

In article , J. P. Gilliver (John)
wrote:

Even leaving aside Jeff's point about bits versus bytes, speed isn't the
only important parameter for...
Forum: General January 31st 21, 12:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 25
Posted By nospam
RAN 1.35v vs 1.5v

In article , micky
wrote:

I have gotten amazon packages (delivered by USPS) on Sunday. I thought
Sunday delivery cost...
Forum: General January 30th 21, 08:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 25
Posted By nospam
RAN 1.35v vs 1.5v

In article , Mark Lloyd
wrote:

Bought it late Wednesday night,
shipped on Thursday from Princeton, New Jersey, USPS
Via Philadephia, in...
Forum: General November 20th 20, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By nospam
Is cable both power and data?

In article , Mark Lloyd
wrote:

If it were power only, it should not have the logo, right?

I have a charge-only cable (A to mini-B)....
Forum: General August 23rd 20, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By nospam
Is there an option to completely shut off a Windows 10 desktop (not just go to sleep, hibernate, or fastboot)?

In article , Arlen Holder
wrote:

How can we set Windows to completely shut off after a period of...
Forum: Intel July 18th 20, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 91
Posted By nospam
Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems'

In article , Andy Burns
wrote:

I know that *I* would have a much poorer understanding of how computers
work if I hadn't cut my teeth...
Forum: Intel July 18th 20, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

wrote:

I know that *I* would have a much poorer understanding of how computers
work if I hadn't cut my teeth...
Forum: Intel July 18th 20, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 91
Posted By nospam
Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems'

In article , Brian Gregory
wrote:

We build little computers with parts. Then went to
CPU. All assembly...
Forum: Intel July 18th 20, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

In article , wrote:

We build little computers with parts. Then went to
CPU. All assembly code!

that doesn't make any sense.
Forum: Intel July 18th 20, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 91
Posted By nospam
Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems'

In article , Jeff Barnett
wrote:

I bet some embedded stuff for ultra cheap mass market stuff is still
done in assember, or something only...
Forum: Intel July 18th 20, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 91
Posted By nospam
Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems'

In article , J. P. Gilliver (John)
wrote:

I remember - I _think_ it was in the last decade, but it might have
been
more - being...

wrote:

I remember - I _think_ it was in the last decade, but it might have been
more...
Forum: Intel July 17th 20, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

wrote:

I remember - I _think_ it was in the last decade, but it might have been
more - being startled when I...
Forum: Intel July 17th 20, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 91
Posted By nospam
Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems'

In article , wrote:

Also, the recent computer science grads I have come
across make my head spin.

as well they should. technology changes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 19, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 31
Posted By nospam
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

In article , Wolf K
wrote:

"New! Improved!" is easy to do with cars, for example. You just change
the styling and add a few gimcracks....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 19, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 31
Posted By nospam
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 18, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Hey!

In article , David B.
wrote:

There's some interesting FAQs he-

https://

no. that's definitely not a faq

Yes,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 18, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Hey!

In article , David B.
wrote:

There's some interesting FAQs he-

https://

no. that's definitely not a faq nor is it interesting.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 18, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Hey!

In article , David B.
wrote:

a) "Personal/private use", ie, no distribution, commercial or otherwise.
flat out false.

Er,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 18, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Hey!

In article , Wolf K
wrote:

a) "Personal/private use", ie, no distribution, commercial or otherwise.
flat out false.

Er, do you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 18, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Hey!

In article , Wolf K
wrote:

Please explain to the audience here how willful copyright violation
is ok? As, you know from previous...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 18, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Hey!

In article , David B.
wrote:

Please explain to the audience here how willful copyright violation
is ok? As, you know from...
Forum: General October 15th 18, 09:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 35
Posted By nospam
Intel CPU prices going up?

In article , Paul
wrote:

"Intel are finished, finished I tell you"

No, they're not.

they're definitely hurting, and if they can't get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 156