Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert E. Watts
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 22nd 11, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Packard Bell stuff for sale

Hi Gang !

Anyone around Cincinnati Ohio looking for Packard Bell stuff?
Got around 30 units, and need to thin the herd.

Reply to: ten.esuf@sttawbob

Just reverse those letters. Anti spam measure,...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers January 23rd 11, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 20
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Please Help! In search of a Packard Bell Master CD# 170210

Hello

I have flipped through all of my Packard Bell Master Restore CD's, ( almost
70 of them ), and didn't find that number.

What CPU do you have ? Is this an old 486, or Pentium ?

bobwatts
EartH
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 26th 10, 02:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Happy Holidays to All

Back at you Bill, and all the others ( both of you ) who monitor this group
!

bobwatts
EartH

wrote in message
Forum: Packard Bell Computers November 30th 10, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Someone has a "new" Corner Computer

Hi Ben ( and Tom )

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On 11/29/2010 7:28 AM, Robert E. Watts wrote:

Are you saying that PB...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers November 29th 10, 01:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Someone has a "new" Corner Computer

Yesterday, someone successfully outbid me ( and others ) ($88.77) for a
Packard Bell Corner Computer on eBay. Congratulations.

Although I was really hoping for my fourth machine, it's good to see...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers October 24th 10, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Legend 402CD in hand

Hi Ben !

Once again, I do sincerely appreciate you keeping this (mostly dead ) NG
informed of your valuable finds.

I can't use that one myself, but I *DO* hope someone grabs it. You are known
for...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 19th 10, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Last Call: Axcel 46CD

Hi Ben !

There will be no hesitation if you round up a PB ATX motherboard in the Art
Deco case. I only have the one, have only ever seen this one, and would like
to find another to start a...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 19th 10, 01:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Last Call: Axcel 46CD

Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message

This wonderful and perfectly working Axcel 46CD has been sitting here for
over a month with...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 18th 10, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Axcel 46CD obtained

Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message

The PB ATX system is currently in use at a somewhat destitute public
library,...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 11th 10, 06:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Axcel 46CD obtained

Hi Ben !

Forgot to ask, what case ? Tower or desktop ?

They ALL complain about the battery. :-)

And I was referring to the PB ATX thingy I recently found, and you mentioned
that you might know...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 11th 10, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Axcel 46CD obtained

Hi Ben

Details. CPU. Mem. Works. Pic.

Any news about the other item we discussed a couple of months ago?

( Hint: ATX )

bob
Forum: Packard Bell Computers January 25th 10, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 600 MB

Hi mc !

"mc" wrote in message
Does anyone know if my PB 600 mb can handle a 233 cpu?
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 5th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 60MHz Pentium shows up here!

Hi Ben!

Please send an email to:

ten.esuf@sttawbob

( that is backwards of course. :-)

Thanks
Forum: Packard Bell Computers October 2nd 09, 11:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert E. Watts
New addition: PackMate 7715EX

Hi Gang !

Picked up a new addition to the Packard Bell herd, a PackMate 7715EX. (I
don't think I'll ever get a handle on Packard Bell's naming system. )
Brings the collection to 25, and completes...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 30th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB Pentium gear shows up!

Hi Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
-

No separate plug-in VR, but I need to squint at the jumpers to see if
there is a 2.8v MMX...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 30th 09, 02:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB Pentium gear shows up!

Hi Ben

Does the motherboard have a VR for MMX CPU's ?
DIMM slots ?

bob

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 29th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Still searching........

Anyone awake ?

Still searching for that Packard Bell Art Deco tower Pentium 60/66MHz
computer.

Will pay up to $100 for one in nice condition. Will also pay shipping.

Must be original, and...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 18th 09, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert E. Watts
A little late to the party Bill

Hi William !

"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message

You have a cat named DooM?

I may not like meeting this cat, but I sure DO like its...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 17th 09, 12:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert E. Watts
A little late to the party Bill

Hello William !

"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message

Just get some good quality AA batteries if you want to do this. No sense
in
getting...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 9th 09, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert E. Watts
How do I replace the BIOS battery? - Followup

Hi "philo" !

And your advice is good also. PLAN on the damn things leaking, and take
precautions.
I too have lost some valuable vintage machines and motherboards.

bob
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 7th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert E. Watts
How do I replace the BIOS battery? - Acknowledgement

Hi Kenn !

Inserting comments as I go...

"Kenn Caesius" wrote in message
Thank you for searching the...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 6th 09, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert E. Watts
How do I replace the BIOS battery?

Hi Kenn !

I'm not sure exactly what board you have, but I also had to recently
"repair" this problem with a PB 450 486 board.

Assuming your board looks like the one in the link...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 19th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Request for information about the existance of additional memory - Acknowledgement and Question.

HI Gang !

Inserting comments as I go..... as usual....

"metronid" wrote in message
On Jul 17, 2:20...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 19th 09, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 486 on the 'net !!

Hi "metronid" !

"metronid" wrote in message

If you are willing to install an exeperimental bios by me

***
If I had multiples of this machine, I...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 15th 09, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 486 on the 'net !!

Hi "philo" !

( Inserting comments as I go, be sure to read all the way down..... )

"philo" wrote in message news:H-

When I put a larger HD in my PB P-1 I ended up also using...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37