Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill[_40_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 19th 20, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_40_]
Apparent PSU problem

Larc wrote:
I have an older extra PC (ASUS H97M Plus motherboard - i3-4150 CPU - 12GB Kingston
HyperX DDR3-1600 RAM) that I use for Windows 10 Insider Preview beta builds. It has
a PS/2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 20, 07:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_40_]
128 bit addressing for harddisk/block addressing.

Paul wrote:

I'm still about 2000 times short of exhausting the 64 bit space,
plus the small factors in my plumbing errors.

Â*Â* Paul

Okay, Thanks. It was just a thought! : )
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 20, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_40_]
128 bit addressing for harddisk/block addressing.

Paul wrote:
wrote:
(Prepare yourself, I don't know how yet ;) except demanding this =D)

Title: 128 bit addressing for harddisk/block addressing.

I will share...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 20, 07:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_40_]
Prevent software from running on new computers or virtual machines.

wrote:
On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 9:45:32 AM UTC+1, Bill wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

Let's suppose you want to create software that can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 20, 08:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_40_]
Prevent software from running on new computers or virtualmachines.

Bill wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

Let's suppose you want to create software that can only run on old
computers and not on new computers and not on virtual machines...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 20, 08:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
Hi,

Let's suppose you want to create software that can only run on old computers and not on new computers and not on virtual machines ?!

What kind of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 31st 19, 10:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_40_]
"This free Windows 10 upgrade offer still works. Here's why --and how to get it"

Lynn McGuire wrote:
"This free Windows 10 upgrade offer still works. Here's why -- and how
to get it"

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 19, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 36
Posted By Bill[_40_]
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security Essentials”

VanguardLH wrote:
Bill wrote:

Still at issue is that I haven't found any ad-block software that will
work with the latest version of SeaMonkey (web browser). If I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 19, 11:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 36
Posted By Bill[_40_]
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security Essentials”

Andy Burns wrote:
Bill wrote:

I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. [snip]
with "classic start"

If ever you need to ask here about "why doesn't X, Y or Z work with
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 19, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 36
Posted By Bill[_40_]
“Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7’s free AV software, Security Essentials”

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but after watching the
following video (which explains the process, and provides some handy
tips), I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10