Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George Hester
Forum: General February 10th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

All fixed. The file survived and I can get it off the drive. Thank you Rod
for all your help.

--

George Hester
_________________________________

Thanks sqaddie. I didn't realize this app was a Maxtor product when I
originally asked about it. I have gotten it and am doing the Advanced test
now. I already know the results but I decided to...
Forum: General February 8th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Maxtor has been aquired by Seagate and the Maxtor diagnostics is gone. Do
you have the location for PowerMax and does that cost money?

--

George Hester
_________________________________

Ok I will look at those two things. I think I have a Maxtor CD-ROM laying
around. Check this page outt search on "pending sector" w/o the quotes:

http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/22005

He suggests...
Forum: General February 7th 07, 07:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Ok so too hot is the issue. Got you. Well well that sucks. So the sectors
sort of lost their state and now the whole thing needs to be reformatted?
That is what I am going to do. I turns out I...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Ok Rod you got a couple of good questions there giving me food for thought.
The error you asked me about when I tried to copy a file onto the partition
that by all rights should have go on - the...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Cool. Now I see what you are talking about. Pending Sectors. Uhm what are
they pending on? Maybe I can justy give them what they want? Like a beer
or something. In all seriousness how many...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

"Pending sectors." What does that mean? My sectors are pending to be used
what more is there? Also I really don't understand the geometry of a
"Partition" as it relates to a disk (platter). I...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Yes and the regedit is set. Actually if this wasn't done the disk would not
show the size it is in the report. So it had to be done I believe.

--

George...
Forum: General February 5th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Ugh I am at a loss here. I run chkdsk while Windows is runnig on it and it
completes and says everything is fine. It will not let me xcopy /c a file
off of it. Not all just one in particular. ...
Forum: General February 5th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Ok got it the report is very big. But what I will do is just post the parts
that have to do with the drive in question:

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys,
Inc....
Forum: General February 4th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By George Hester
Hit a Command button and "change" a property of an email to be detected later

oops wrong group plz ignore

--

George Hester
_________________________________
"George Hester" wrote in message
I would...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Yes Rod I get a what do you call it a check sum error copying a file off the
partition. Not every file but at least one file. It gets about 25%
completely copied to another drive then just hangs...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Ok Rod. Now what do you think of this assuming what you say is true? Do
you think I could hook up to that partition over a network to a movie that
is on that partition and play the movie entirely? ...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By George Hester
Hit a Command button and "change" a property of an email to be detected later

I would like to make a command button which when clicked with a particular
emal selected, a property of the email is set so that I can retrieve the new
property later. Of course it cannot be a...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Hi Falconer. This is not a boot disk so mbr is not really the issue. It is
just a partition table I believe. Well it might be but when I had to do it
before I actually corrupted the partition...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Just to let you know there are 2 partitions on the disk. The first and the
secong. The secong has no issue at all. The first must be messed up.
Obviously this is not the disk. So what else could...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

Ok what do you suggest is the issue?

--

George Hester
_________________________________
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
George...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By George Hester
A partition table repairer

I located a free partition table fixer on the Net a couple months ago and
used it successfully. I need it again and was wondering if anyone knew of a
free one on the Net because I can't find it. ...
Forum: General September 23rd 06, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By George Hester
A great RAID card ir I/O card

A while back this newsgrouup was talkig about a PCI RAID or I/O card
wherein it would not mess up the channels that the installed harddrives are
on and could support larger disks. My card works...
Forum: General September 20th 06, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By George Hester
Drive Problem with Win2K

"Citizen Bob" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:05:35 GMT, "George Hester"
wrote:

I have...
Forum: General September 20th 06, 02:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By George Hester
Drive Problem with Win2K

"Citizen Bob" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:56:35 GMT, "George Hester"
wrote:

I'll bet...
Forum: General September 20th 06, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By George Hester
Drive Problem with Win2K

Citizen we are not saying do it for good we are suggesting to try it once.
If it works fine then it may just be an issue with your "removable bay"
which is what I suspect. This issue has nothing to...
Forum: General September 18th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By George Hester
Drive Problem with Win2K

This is quite strange. For one you want to make sure both drives on that
channel are cable select. For another the fact the op sys hangs we need to
know when this happens. Does the machine ever...
Forum: General September 4th 06, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By George Hester
AGP Staus disabled

wrote in message

George Hester wrote:
Hi. I have a Hewlett-Packeard HP Vectra VL400 motherboard. It is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55