Showing results 1 to 25 of 215
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frodo
Forum: Ati Videocards July 30th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By Frodo
Buying a Replacement Video Card - Need advice

Here is an X1650 Pro PCI-Ex for about $61, including tax and shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161037

wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 26th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Frodo
X1950XT too hot w/ Zalman

Try replacing the thermal paste in the X1950XT.
I myself use Arctic Silver 5 on my X800XL, with aftermarket Heatsink/fan.

"Mandinga" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 23rd 07, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By Frodo
x1950pro vs HD2600xt DDR4

From what I understand, the HD2600XT really shines with Direct X10,
But the X1950 Pro will do better with Direct X 9.

"Quad_Damage" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 17th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Frodo
Recomendations for an HD video, general multimedia, light gaming card?

I'm assuimg your computer has a PCI-Express slot.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161100

"Mac Cool" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 20th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
From X850 Pro to X1950 GT?

Have you tried overclocking the X850?

"FKS" wrote in message ...
My 2nd PC (P4 2.8 GHz) currently has an X850 Pro card. The only game
that's...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 18th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Frodo
DVI vs. VGA

Which brand/model LCD is it?
I tried both VGA & DVI with my Samsung 204B 20.1" LCD, using an ATI X800XL.
To me there was no real difference.
Using VGA gave me more settings to play with on the...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 8th 07, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By Frodo
Higher clock or more ram?

For 95% of the current computers users out there, having 512MB of graphics
memory will not make a difference.
But in a few years having 512MBs might get you a few dollars more when you
sell...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 10th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Frodo
Which disks for SATA-II RAID?

Western Digital is now offering the YS series for RAID.

"Jim Garrison" wrote in message
I'm planning to build a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 30th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Frodo
Western Digtial WD1600YS, good drives?

I'll be ordering the drives Monday morning.
Should only take one day for mail order.
Will post on how well the RAID 0 works.

"Frodo" wrote in message...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 28th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Frodo
Western Digtial WD1600YS, good drives?

I guess you would rather have me get Samsung?
Which model?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Frodo ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 28th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Frodo
Western Digtial WD1600YS, good drives?

I've been looking at getting two Western Digital WD1600YS drives for a RAID
0.
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 25th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Frodo
Raptor or RAID?

"willbill" wrote in message
Frodo wrote:

I'm currently using a Seagate 300GB SATA-II 7200.9 as my boot drive.
I just picked up a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 23rd 07, 05:07 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Frodo
Raptor or RAID?

I'm already at 2GBs of memory.

"Arno Wagner" wrote in message
Previously Frodo wrote:
I'm currently using...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 23rd 07, 04:45 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Frodo
Raptor or RAID?

I'm currently using a Seagate 300GB SATA-II 7200.9 as my boot drive.
I just picked up a WD Raptor 74GB (WD74ADFD) to replace it as the boot drive
(will use a new install of Win XP Home OEM).
But...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 21st 07, 05:32 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Frodo
Transferring and converting partitions to a new disk

Link where you can download WD Lifeguard tools, I'm guessing you will get
"Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2 for windows"
http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

"Michel S." wrote...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 21st 07, 12:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Frodo
Transferring and converting partitions to a new disk

I believe the largest allowed (or recommend?) partition for FAT32 is 128GBs.
Are you using Win 98, Win Me, Win XP or Win Vista.
If you are using XP or Vista, you should use NTFS not FAT32.
Western...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 13th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Frodo
Maxtor Drives by Seagate

I would assume Seagate will want to put their 160GB platters in all the
Maxtor hard drives.

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 13th 07, 03:35 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Frodo
Maxtor Drives by Seagate

I'm assuming you are asking when Maxtor drives will use Seagate internals.
I would say it might be some time.
I would cost Seagate money to change current assembly lines at Maxtor
factories.
and...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 12th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Frodo
ATI cards

"Hyper" is a nice marketing term to get people to buy the cheaper graphics
cards.
I would say every video card made today has the ability to use shared system
memory.
The more memory you have on...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 3rd 07, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By Frodo
Cat 7.2 doesn't launch CCC

The latest version of Microsoft NetFramework is 3.0

"FKS" wrote in message ...

"Vellu" wrote in message
Forum: Ati Videocards February 28th 07, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Frodo
Changing back to ATI Radeon X850 Pro AGP 256

I doubt you need to do anything.

"Ron Lane" wrote in message
I am going from a 9550 AGP 256
"Ron Lane"...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 24th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Frodo
New 7.2 drivers question (Newbie)

If you want to make a really "clean" install of Cat 7.2, use the program
"Driver Cleaner Pro"
right after uninstalling the old ATI software, but before installing Cat
7.2.
Driver Cleaner Pro will...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 23rd 07, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By Frodo
ATI card for 22'' 6 bit LCD Monitor? (using XPRESS 200 now)

I would guess that the ATI Express 200 will work with the AOC 22".
But if adding a graphics card, get something in the X1600 series.
The X1300 would work, but has only 4 pipelines in the GPU...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 22nd 07, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Frodo
6800GT, needs upgrading

Have someone that is currently using a 6800GT AGP for first person shooters.
(1GB memory and dual core Intel 820) and looking to upgrading to a newer
graphics card.
And as I know very little about...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 18th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Frodo
80 wire IDE drive cable?