Showing results 1 to 25 of 138
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RobV[_2_]
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 26th 09, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Install PCI-X scsi board on P6T Deluxe

Uyyyy wrote:
On 23 abr, 18:19, wrote:
"Uyyyy" wrote in

On...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 22nd 09, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By RobV[_2_]
M2N-E memory or interrupt problems

Bob F wrote:
RobV wrote:
Bob F wrote:
I was recently given a barebones PC with an Athlon X2 4800+
processor in a M2N-E motherboard. When I tried powering it up with
memory I already...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 21st 09, 06:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Bob F wrote:
I was recently given a barebones PC with an Athlon X2 4800+ processor
in a M2N-E motherboard. When I tried powering it up with memory I
already had and running Memtest86 V2.7,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By RobV[_2_]
SATA mode

Daave wrote:
I have a homebuilt PC with the following:

Abit IX38 Quad GT motherboard

- 250 GB Seagate ES.2 SATA2 hard drive (this is the one that has
Windows XP Home, SP2)

- 500 GB...
Forum: General March 29th 09, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 34
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Freeeze during boot? Need Help

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:08:59 +0000, darklight

It is a AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2.6GHz.
ASUS M3A78-CM...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 23rd 09, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Asus A33 DAV

ChicagoDave wrote:
Hi,

I just picked up an ASUS A33 DAV center on Ebay. It is a compact unit
with a built it in sound system and two tuner cards. It isn't all
that well powered for HD,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 20th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By RobV[_2_]
DVD-RW Drives - prices

Jim wrote:
I noticed lately while shopping for a replacement optical drive that
there is a significant price difference between the lowest and most
expensive drives with the same general specs...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 09, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By RobV[_2_]
486 motherboard

Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi all how hard or how easy is it to find a motherboard for a 486
cpu? I found one here on hard rubbish week but the mobo has green
corrosion here and there and the AT...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 09, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By RobV[_2_]
bios update?

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
e've got a phoenix bios in a dell dimension computer. We have the most
recent update for the bios from dell, however, a program called "bios
agent plus"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 15th 09, 03:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By RobV[_2_]
P5Q SE2: Green LED Lit, But Nothing Else?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per RobV:
make sure there is no standoff from the old MB

Ladeeeeze and Gennnnlemun! We have a winnah!!!!

Rogue standoff.

Pigs were going to fly before Yours...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 14th 09, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By RobV[_2_]
P5Q SE2: Green LED Lit, But Nothing Else?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
P5Q SE2, just put it together, but it won't start.

Turn power on, hit Power switch.... Nada.

The little green LED on the mobo is glowing but the power
supply's fan...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 09, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Power supplies: Antec vs Corsair

Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
years. OTOH the budget Antec BasiQ series is decent and made with
good capacitors, but their fans are noisy. I haven't tried an Antec
Signature, but...
Forum: General February 14th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Changing a Graphics Card

Gerard Bok wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:19:48 -0600, Tiziano
wrote:

Hi. When changing a graphics card, is it advisable to first
uninstall the old driver and...
Forum: General February 14th 09, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Changing a Graphics Card

Tiziano wrote:
Hi. When changing a graphics card, is it advisable to first uninstall
the old driver and then remove the old graphics card, or vice-versa?
Thanks.

You uninstall the drivers for...
Forum: General February 9th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By RobV[_2_]
looking for a diagram of the distance of a HDD head from platter

wrote:
Ah, I knew I could count on the crowd to flame no matter the question.

Ah, and you are predictably thin skinned enough to think it's a flame.
Do you know what the " ;-) "...
Forum: General February 9th 09, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By RobV[_2_]
looking for a diagram of the distance of a HDD head from platter

yerk5 wrote:
Does anyone have any links to a diagram visually showing the
comparison of the distance of a hard drive read/write head from the
platter to a cross-section of a human hair. I had...
Forum: Overclocking January 26th 09, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Overclocking hypertransport?

phaedrus06 wrote:
I agree with the last poster. Also to note Hyper Transport maxing out
is usually determined by the motherboard, that is your manufacturer
should have stated the HT...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 26th 09, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Sugestions for pc case

phaedrus06 wrote:
Advanced cooling methods would be my recommendation. They are rather
fun to set up and very, very efficient. You could probably keep your
old case and just upgrade certain...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 09, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Seagate 7200.11 hard disk firmware upgrade

wrote:
"RobV" wrote in message
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
Are you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 09, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Seagate 7200.11 hard disk firmware upgrade

Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
Are you affected?

Welcome, Seagate hard drive owners. A number of Seagate hard drives
from the following families may become inaccessible when the host
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards January 20th 09, 12:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 15
Posted By RobV[_2_]
EP45-UD3P motherboard , freezer 7 pro HSF fan will NOT spin on power-up??

Robert Blass wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:35:57 -0500, Kris sayd the following:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:41:32 -0500, Robert Blass wrote:

Freezer 7 Pro HSF Cooler: Fan will not...
Forum: General January 19th 09, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Sound gone... Until log off, then on...?

CBFalconer wrote:
jaster wrote:

... snip ...

When was the last time you defragged the drive, deleted temporary
and internet files, ran a registry cleaner and scanned the HD?

If...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 03:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Silicone Spray into fan in power supply?

wrote:
RobV wrote:

It's not the voltage, it's the CURRENT that can kill.

That's true but also very misleading to people who don't understand
electricity and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Silicone Spray into fan in power supply?

Dave wrote:
Hmmm ... I didn't know that. How big of voltages are you talking
about? I didn't know there was anything over 120VAC even when the
PS is on.
Can't you just unplug the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By RobV[_2_]
Build advice wanted

wrote:
My old Win2k machine is finally dying, and so I'm fixing to build a
(mostly) new machine. I haven't done this for a while, so I was hoping
you might give this list...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 138