Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 1.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rick[_8_]
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 11, 05:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Rick[_8_]
Registry Tweak to Make Account Names "Bold"?

Ooops, make that "wear" not "ware".

Rick

"Rick" wrote in message
What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible...
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 11, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Rick[_8_]
Registry Tweak to Make Account Names "Bold"?

What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The...
Forum: Dell Computers August 9th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick[_8_]
disposal of old laptop batteries

Radio Shack, Home Depot,

"RnR" wrote in message
My daughter asked me recently what to do with her old dell laptop
Forum: Dell Computers June 10th 11, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By Rick[_8_]
HDMI cables

Mediabridge HDMI cables from Amazon.com work great.

Rick

"Bob Villa" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 5:00...
Forum: Dell Computers May 31st 11, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Rick[_8_]
System configuration info missing from Dell warranty check web pages

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I have recently gone to the Dell warranty page to find out what was
Forum: Dell Computers May 29th 10, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick[_8_]
Bug Pretty Certainly Suspected

Glen Beck got into your system, his tears shorted out something.

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Recording Limbaugh today, two...
Forum: Dell Computers February 1st 10, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Rick[_8_]
My Monitor Has a Halo

Yes, it is saying "You are seeing my backlight bleeding around my edges!"

Many monitors do this, I have seen this on $650 Samsung and Dell LCDs.

Have you adjusted the brightness and contrast from...
Forum: Dell Computers January 9th 10, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Rick[_8_]
Avira Free vs Microsoft Security Essentials

If you look at Avira's website you learn that the way to get quicker updates
is to upgrade to one of their their non-free versions.

"GrtArtiste" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers December 13th 09, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick[_8_]
Dell Customer Support

I use the online chat tech support system but then I purchased my system
from the Dell BUsiness outlet site which has better support then the home
division. I have never had a problem with their...
Forum: Dell Computers October 22nd 09, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Rick[_8_]
Windows 7 drivers for Optiplex GX620

Thanks for the link, lots of M$ links for Win 7 upgrade/migration from XP.
"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
good...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10