Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jake
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jake
Firewire external drive disappeared... but works via USB. - TIA

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:09:28 -0600, "philo" wrote:

Either the firewire port in your computer has died...
or the one in the external box

Seems very possible. On the other hand,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 07, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jake
Firewire external drive disappeared... but works via USB. - TIA

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:54:51 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Usual possibility, something has failed in that area.

I tried wiggling the cable connections in case there was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 07, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jake
Firewire external drive disappeared... but works via USB. - TIA

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:29:35 -0800, "JAD"
wrote:

Does the 1394 card show up in device manager?

I can see "NEC OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller"

Could that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jake
Firewire external drive disappeared... but works via USB. - TIA

A year ago, I installed a firewire card (Safecom PCI Firewire 1394A
Card (OEM) in my PC. To this, I connected an external hard drive
(Maxtor 80gb ATA/133).

It ran 100% as hoped. Recently, the hard...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4