Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.95 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: craigm
Forum: Printers November 25th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 25
Posted By craigm
LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts

Searcher7 wrote:

On Nov 24, 9:04 pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
There isn't a Fonts icon in the Control Panel? That's just a little
unusual, been there since...
Forum: Compaq Computers December 4th 06, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By craigm
1440 x 900

6410NX wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario 6410NX. I just got a new ProView 19"
Monitor for it that requires me to set the resolution to 1440 x 900.
The video card in the computer doesn't offer...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 25th 06, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 3
Posted By craigm
do I need to keep system sav D?

fadeToblack wrote:

I was given this compaq pesario 7585 so of course there is no restore
CD
and I do have my orig win98 CD with product ID number just in case
I have to reformat the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 15th 06, 01:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By craigm
Unlock ATA Password

Qbert wrote:

Well, some online services offer the unlock for 9 USD.

I think it's good price, but that's not the point. How can they do that?
Brute force? Backdoors?

I would like to...
Forum: Compaq Computers October 30th 06, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 4
Posted By craigm
Is My motherBoard PCI Express Compatiable??

Apocolypse wrote:

Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine...
Forum: Compaq Computers October 24th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By craigm
Please help....Thanks in Advance

wrote:

I want to upgrade my windows to XP Pro rather than do a system restore
which installs XP Home My problem is, the model I have SR1839uk does not
have a floppy...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 20th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By craigm
Bad clusters on one partition

SgtMinor wrote:

craigm wrote:
SgtMinor wrote:

The "bad clusters" may not be bad at all, but merely no longer directly
in the path of the r/w heads.
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 20th 06, 04:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk

SgtMinor wrote:

The "bad clusters" may not be bad at all, but merely no longer directly
in the path of the r/w heads.

Not even possible with servo drives.
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 20th 06, 02:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By craigm
WD My Book Essential drive questions

Ed Light wrote:

According to HD Tach, my usb 2 enclosure with my Seagate Barracuda IV in
it communicates at 29 mb/s but the average serial read is 18. Out of the
enclosure the average read is...
Forum: Compaq Computers October 20th 06, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 3
Posted By craigm
Can an EIDE hard drive be added to an SR2050NX?

Ken Wampach wrote:

I just purchased an SR2050NX. Thing look OK so far.

I do have a question. I would like to install an additional hard
drive to write backups to. I would like to use an...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By craigm
WD My Book Essential drive questions

Olin K. McDaniel wrote:

I just bought a new Western Digital USB external hard drive, 250 GB in
size, called "My Book Essential" and am trying to use it to store some
large backup files created...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 16th 06, 02:47 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By craigm
Western Digital "My Book" - Questions

Andreas Keppler wrote:

"bxf" wrote:

I canĀ“t find any information about the standby-mode of the Western
Digital My Book - harddrive!

I could only find a lot...
Forum: Compaq Computers September 29th 06, 01:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 5
Posted By craigm
Old Compaq DeskPro's with blank harddrives

DustWolf wrote:

Hello,

We have recieved 2 Companq DeskPro's (64 and 96 MB of RAM and 166 MHz
Pentium) in a donation from a company and of course they have blanked
the harddrives before...
Forum: Compaq Computers September 26th 06, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By craigm
Compaq mis-selling.....V5000 series: 'Consumer IR' port specified but not usable?

anon wrote:

I recently bought a Compaq V5102NR laptop. The specifications are
listed here :

http://tinyurl.com/h88zs

This is a SPECIFC specification sheet for the V5102NR i.e. it...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14