Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rick Blaine
Forum: Printers December 12th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Rick Blaine
print on cd dvd label

"Rob." . wrote:

Why would light scribe be expensive.

Because you pay a premium for the drive and a premium for the media. Both to
cover royalties to HP.

--
"Tell me what I should...
Forum: Printers April 13th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Jim" wrote:

I am looking for a printer that can print to a cd or dvd.

I modified my US Canon MP 150 to do direct print. Its far better than buying
sticky labels... $30 for the...
Forum: Printers February 11th 07, 08:45 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 166
Posted By Rick Blaine
Kodak re-enters inkjet biz

DK wrote:

I really like the idea of getting all new nozzles when I get a new
cartridge. Kodak does NOT give you new nozzles with ink.

So how will Kodak handle the nozzles...
Forum: Printers December 7th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Rick Blaine
Which Canon printers can print on CDs & CDRs?

PennyP wrote:

Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go
Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson.

Depends on what country you want to purchase the...
Forum: Printers November 6th 06, 03:39 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick Blaine
Why is HP cutting on memory?

Tony wrote:

The 1020 uses a host based printing system/driver which reduces the amount of
memory necessary in the printer. This involves very effective...
Forum: Printers November 2nd 06, 03:41 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Rick Blaine
Lexmark extends its "Return Program" restrictions to ink

Arthur Entlich wrote:

NO, I think you intentionally don't want to "get it".

Oh, I get it perfectly.

The taxes and take back programs would accomplish several...
Forum: Printers October 31st 06, 03:40 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Rick Blaine
Lexmark extends its "Return Program" restrictions to ink

Arthur Entlich wrote:

However, since we are speaking about this matter, the problem is when
all manufacturers have resorted to the same business model and that has
lead...
Forum: Printers October 30th 06, 03:15 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Rick Blaine
Lexmark extends its "Return Program" restrictions to ink

Arthur Entlich wrote:

I suspect the only way this problem is going to be resolved

What problem? Who's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy these
printers? If...
Forum: Printers October 29th 06, 11:13 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Rick Blaine
Lexmark extends its "Return Program" restrictions to ink

"Yianni" wrote:

the ink consuming nation is fast becoming aware that new
high-priced OEM products do not have to be tolerated.

I never understood this attitude. I can recall...
Forum: Printers September 23rd 06, 08:19 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Rick Blaine
What causes Canon BJ cartridges to go bad?

Generally, they start by hanging out with the wrong crowd. The occasional beer
and ciggie turns into hard liquor and drugs. After that, its pretty much all
over.
Forum: Printers September 17th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By Rick Blaine
Canon ip4200 low ink level warning

I'm pretty pleased with my Canon ip4200, apart from the price of
consumables. I just got my first "ink is running low" message, for the
cyan cartridge, and I have purchased a replacement....
Forum: Printers August 31st 06, 04:33 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rick Blaine
Printing color on dvd's/cd's

"JE" wrote:

Has anyone had any good experience with color printing labels on dvd's and
cd's?

Having sucessfully modded my Canon MP500 to direct print to disc, there's no way
I...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12