Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 1D10T
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 09, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By 1D10T
Totaly toasted :(

"Bob" wrote in message
I turned on my 5 y/o computer and actually smelled smoke. The $%$$^%(^%
thing toasted itself.

Computers run on...
Forum: General May 27th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By 1D10T
Mouse Glide Glue

"GlowingBlueMist" wrote in message
Grinder wrote:
I've got an old Apple ADB mouse whose semicircular rear glide has come
Forum: General May 15th 09, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By 1D10T
Monitor color calibration

Looking for advice/experience with the 'spider'? type tools and software. I
have several dual-monitor setups that need to be matched:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearnold/2879849236/sizes/l/

TIA
Forum: General May 9th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By 1D10T
1TB hard drive on PATA machine

"Peter Chant" wrote in message

Don't suppose there is anything to stop me looping a cable from the eSATA
port back into...
Forum: General May 9th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By 1D10T
1TB hard drive on PATA machine

"Gerard Bok" wrote in message

Adding internal SATA drives to a system that doesn't support SATA
is hardly an upgrade. 80 MB/s+...
Forum: General May 9th 09, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By 1D10T
1TB hard drive on PATA machine

"Peter Chant" wrote in message

A useful thought. Thanks.

This one also adds an internal SATA port, but only one external...
Forum: General May 9th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By 1D10T
1TB hard drive on PATA machine

"Peter Chant" wrote in message

A useful thought. Thanks.

Check...
Forum: General May 2nd 09, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By 1D10T
Question about PSU's

"Paul" wrote in message

When I look at the picture here, I see a 24 pin main connector, and a
2x2 ATX12V connector for processor...
Forum: General April 28th 09, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 41
Posted By 1D10T
How to clean the socket 775 heatsink + cooling fan?

"GlowingBlueMist" wrote in message

If you do use a hose from a compressor make sure it is one that blows air
only and not air + water...
Forum: General April 11th 09, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By 1D10T
Custom Computer

wrote in message

Not sure if this can be done, easily.

My client had some older Sony computer running...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10