Showing results 1 to 25 of 122
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 123Jim
Forum: General June 26th 13, 11:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By 123Jim
Serial number not found (on boot)

On 26/06/2013 03:34, Paul wrote:
123Jim wrote:
On 25/06/2013 15:11, Paul wrote:
123Jim wrote:
HP Compaq laptop Windows Vista 32 bit

This computer had many problems including...
Forum: General June 26th 13, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 25/06/2013 15:11, Paul wrote:
123Jim wrote:
HP Compaq laptop Windows Vista 32 bit

This computer had many problems including the 'Serial number not
found' message on boot....
Forum: General June 24th 13, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By 123Jim
Serial number not found (on boot)

HP Compaq laptop Windows Vista 32 bit

This computer had many problems including the 'Serial number not found'
message on boot. I reset it back to factory condition and all is well
apart from the...
Forum: General June 18th 13, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By 123Jim
WIFI extending

On 18/06/2013 03:00, miso wrote:

You might want to take this over to alt.internet.wireless

Personally, I'd skip the repeater and do a combination of some wiring
and three different WAPs on...
Forum: General June 18th 13, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By 123Jim
WIFI extending

In a very large house with three separate electrical wiring systems,
what is the best way to extend the WIFI?

As I discovered today The disjointed wiring system means I can't use the
power line...
Forum: General March 9th 13, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By 123Jim
2.5 hdd from toshiba - which caddy?

On 09/03/2013 00:02, Paul wrote:
123Jim wrote:

Further to all of this I don't have possession of the drive so I
cannot take a second closer look at it.

On reading...
Forum: General March 8th 13, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By 123Jim
2.5 hdd from toshiba - which caddy?

Further to all of this I don't have possession of the drive so I cannot
take a second closer look at it.

On reading this page:...
Forum: General March 8th 13, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By 123Jim
2.5 hdd from toshiba - which caddy?

On 08/03/2013 20:11, Ken wrote:
123Jim wrote:
On 08/03/2013 12:38, 123Jim wrote:
Hi, I need to connect a 2.5 hard drive from a Toshiba laptop but I can't
figure out which connection it...
Forum: General March 8th 13, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By 123Jim
Oddball question -

On 08/03/2013 14:03, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts,

I have a Win 7 computer and the way some items jerk around on the screen
annoys me. Is there any way to stop it?

Thanks to All :-)

Yours...
Forum: General March 8th 13, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By 123Jim
2.5 hdd from toshiba - which caddy?

On 08/03/2013 12:38, 123Jim wrote:
Hi, I need to connect a 2.5 hard drive from a Toshiba laptop but I can't
figure out which connection it has.

It's not IDE like this:
Forum: General March 8th 13, 01:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By 123Jim
2.5 hdd from toshiba - which caddy?

Hi, I need to connect a 2.5 hard drive from a Toshiba laptop but I can't
figure out which connection it has.

It's not IDE like this:...
Forum: General February 15th 13, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By 123Jim
Printer Question

On 14/02/2013 17:27, Ron wrote:
When I print something with my printer the printer powers on when I
click on "print".

which printer are you using? Sounds like it has a sleep mode where it is...
Forum: General January 29th 13, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By 123Jim
Windows 8 Tutorial?

On 12/11/2012 00:35, wrote:
Sure would like to know what I have gotten myself into.

Anyone suggest a Good Windows 8 tutorial?

Thanks

Roy
Forum: General January 26th 13, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By 123Jim
Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard ispressed...

On 25/01/2013 22:57, 123Jim wrote:
On 23/01/2013 16:18, Dave wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
Is this...
Forum: General January 25th 13, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By 123Jim
Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard ispressed...

On 23/01/2013 16:18, Dave wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
Is this normal? Maybe something done for...
Forum: General January 18th 13, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By 123Jim
How to wipe clean a drive with NTFS on it

On 10/01/2013 01:44, wrote:
Hi..
I was in the same problem that you are talking about and looking ahead for wipe ntfs drive tool because I wanted to sell my laptop, but...
Forum: General December 30th 12, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By 123Jim
Ipconfig?

On 30/12/2012 11:15, wrote:
Just out of curiosity -

Why is it that the IP addresses I get from Ipconfig on my two machines
192.168.2 and 192.168.1.5, and not 192.168.1.1 and...
Forum: General October 7th 11, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By 123Jim
one laptop key does not work

On 06/10/2011 19:17, micky wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:44:46 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

wrote in message
Forum: General October 3rd 11, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By 123Jim
one laptop key does not work

On 03/10/2011 18:29, Grinder wrote:
On 10/3/2011 3:01 AM, 123Jim wrote:
Hi all,
This laptop key all of a sudden does not work. All I get is a loud beep.
I should say this key has no...
Forum: General October 3rd 11, 10:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By 123Jim
one laptop key does not work

On 03/10/2011 09:01, 123Jim wrote:
Hi all,
This laptop key all of a sudden does not work. All I get is a loud beep.
I should say this key has no plastic button and also no nipple, so I am
Forum: General October 3rd 11, 09:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By 123Jim
one laptop key does not work

Hi all,
This laptop key all of a sudden does not work. All I get is a loud beep.
I should say this key has no plastic button and also no nipple, so I am
pressing the contact directly, but it was...
Forum: General September 26th 11, 11:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By 123Jim
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

On 26/09/2011 05:57, larry moe 'n curly wrote:

123Jim wrote:

Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
Display adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4550

I've connected my usual CRT monitor in order to...
Forum: General September 26th 11, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 24/09/2011 05:42, 123Jim wrote:
Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
Display adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4550

I've connected my usual CRT monitor in order to fix a few problems on
this computer but...
Forum: General September 24th 11, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By 123Jim
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

On 24/09/2011 22:31, philo wrote:
On 09/24/2011 03:41 PM, 123Jim wrote:
On 24/09/2011 20:52, Ian D wrote:

"123Jim" wrote in message
Forum: General September 24th 11, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By 123Jim
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

On 24/09/2011 20:52, Ian D wrote:

"123Jim" wrote in message
On 24/09/2011 07:41, Grinder wrote:
On 9/23/2011 11:42...