Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JAD[_4_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 9th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Do you prefer thermal pads or grease?

Pads these days..........
much faster and I have not seen a difference in heat between two properly installed CPU/HS
that utilize either of the techs.

"pcbuilder98" wrote in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 9th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By JAD[_4_]
One Large Partition with WinXP - Disadvantage

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , says...
"Albert"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 9th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Video Problem

hook the monitor to a different rig
same problem? Monitor is the likely suspect.

"Peter Olcott" wrote in message
My seven year old...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 9th 07, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Crooked OCZ Tech rebates validation

Rebate? Keep it!

Can't sell it to me for a good price and instead want me to jump through hoops to do
business with you? Screw you...........

"student" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 8th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Do you prefer thermal pads or grease?

"pcbuilder98" wrote in message
"Brett Kline" wrote in message
pcbuilder98...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 4th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 14
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Computer will NOT recognize DVD Burner?? what to do?

"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
I have a computer that, of all DVD Burners I've tried, refuses to burn
any dvd. It...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 2nd 07, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Why didn't "date modified" change??

"Helen" wrote in message
This is probably not the right ng, but I know there are a bunch of
smart people in here and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 2nd 07, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By JAD[_4_]
time and date update

wrote in message
whenever I start the machine, it required time and date every time. I
changed the re-chargeable...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 27th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Keep loosing one HD, wondering if it could be a power issue.

"~Mike Hollywood" wrote in message
so how do you do it?
open a dos box, and
run it from there?

boot from xp cd go to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 24th 07, 09:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Keep loosing one HD, wondering if it could be a power issue.

I had this problem many times and it ended up being the MBR of the boot drive. I did an XP
'fixmbr' or 'fixboot' and it solved it every time. YMMV obviously. Does the event viewer
show...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 18th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 47
Posted By JAD[_4_]
XP Pro install is stopping at 29%...

"Mill" wrote in message
I think it is hanging because xp doesn't have the driver for the video
card, but that is a wild...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Why is Windows looking on 2nd HDD?

"JAD" john wrote in message

"GTS" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Why is Windows looking on 2nd HDD?

"GTS" wrote in message

"JAD" john wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Why is Windows looking on 2nd HDD?

page file most likely

"GTS" wrote in message
My HDD on the 2nd IDE connector is configured to power-down after an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By JAD[_4_]
airflow inside my case

"John Doe" wrote in message
Andy wrote:

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 07:07:51 GMT, John Doe
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 6th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Memory toast and Mobo

"Gabriel Knight" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a mobo with 2 banks of sdram and two other typs of ram and I put...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 6th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By JAD[_4_]
all kinds of computer problems

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Hi! Recently I started having all kinds of problems with my homebuilt system
that worked fine for about 8 months....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 6th 07, 05:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By JAD[_4_]
audio drvs for A7N8X-E mobo

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce...

"foggie" wrote in message
I am having a hard time installing the audio drv's etc for my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 5th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Alternative word processors without bloat?

your missing the point,,,MS doesn't make WP for just YOU

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/

Has anyone tried the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 07, 07:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Alternative word processors without bloat?

'wordpad' 'notepad' your 'using' windows right? Your saying that 'works' was not as
'nice', well 'nice' costs. In space and price. Bells and whistles always costs something.

"OhioGuy"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 07, 04:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By JAD[_4_]
What went wrong overnight?

"Calum" wrote in message
Thanks all for your help. I don't know how but the CMOS decided to
corrupt or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 07, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Continuous reboot problem...

"Cagey Bee" wrote in message ...
I have a number of homebuilt computers that use the Tyan Trinity S1590
motherboard. Today the one running...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 07, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By JAD[_4_]
Need SATA data cable & power cable adapter

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
I need about 10 SATA data cables and 10 SATA power adapter cables. (the ones that let
you use existing molex power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 07, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By JAD[_4_]
What went wrong overnight?

your BIOS/CMOS battery has died