Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hench[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 13, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Hench[_2_]
4TB HD in XP

On 12/8/2013 12:45 PM, VanguardLH wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uefi

It's one of those things I keep meaning to learn more about but always
find something more interesting to do,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 7th 13, 02:17 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Hench[_2_]
Looking for best Garage doors?

On 12/6/2013 6:34 AM, Ella McConnell wrote:
Daltonic Garage dedicated team can come to your property and provide on-site free quotes and measures. They understand their clients lead busy lives and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 13, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Hench[_2_]
Can somebody really buy a modern multi-core PC running 64 bitWindows with 32 GB RAM and use it only for email? (a troll question)

On 10/7/2013 11:27 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:
I was reviewing a review of Microsoft Office 2013 (which apparently is buggy) and a reviewer mentioned he had a modern multi-core PC running 64 bit Windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 30th 13, 02:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Hench[_2_]
OT The death of the home stereo system

On 9/29/2013 1:14 AM, Flasherly wrote:
On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 21:20:39 -0400, Hench wrote:

I really don't give two flying fricks about sound quality so count me in
on that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 29th 13, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Hench[_2_]
OT The death of the home stereo system

On 9/27/2013 7:47 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
hout having to relinquish your phone.

That said, the idea that mp3 on any of those teeny-tiny audio
"systems" produce a sound comparable to the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 24th 13, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Hench[_2_]
OT Walmart in bed with Amazon

On 9/23/2013 4:39 PM, John Doe wrote:
I thought shopping at Amazon meant saving money and not giving
business to Walmart, but started noticing too many of the "site to
store" prices were...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 26th 13, 02:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Hench[_2_]
SSD drive 3.5 inch adaptor bracket

On 8/24/2013 12:19 PM, Rod at Orpheusmail wrote:
Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 5th 13, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Hench[_2_]
routers

On 7/4/2013 9:58 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 03/07/2013 8:45 PM, Hench wrote:
I've had a great run with a cheap azz cisco 1200 router. Works with
several iOS devices and laptops and wireless...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 13, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Hench[_2_]
routers

On 7/3/2013 1:19 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Been using nothing but D-link routers for the past several years. Not
that I find them particularly highly reliable or anything like that, but
because...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 28th 13, 10:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Hench[_2_]
SSD - Finally, I'm In!!

On 6/28/2013 4:04 AM, Flasherly wrote:

-If- and only if I install SBM boot arbitration, the SSD boots DOS or
WinXp !!

What's that say? Something about software, (runs on hardware,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 13, 10:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By Hench[_2_]
Motherboard killing my Hard Drives

On 4/24/2013 2:07 AM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ,
escribió:

Can anyone tell me what the possible...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 20th 13, 01:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Hench[_2_]
Windows upgrade vs. HDD/SSD upgrade

On 4/19/2013 12:46 PM, Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:12:29 -0700, "Timothy Daniels"
wrote:

About realignment... I read somewher, probably in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 13, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Hench[_2_]
Windows upgrade vs. HDD/SSD upgrade

On 4/18/2013 1:25 PM, Timothy Daniels wrote:
Would there be any performance difference between a 64-bit Win7
installed directly onto a solid state drive versus a 64-bit Win7 installed
first...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 24th 13, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Hench[_2_]
SSD Question

On 3/24/2013 2:03 PM, Don wrote:
I can get a "MAC Series SSD" with free shipping for a very reasonable
price. Can I install and use the SSD in my HP laptop? What's the
difference between a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 17th 13, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Hench[_2_]
32 GB ram

I built a system and decided to max out the ram at 32 gb.

Not sure why I did other than the ram i bought was on sale.

Most of my habits use about 10-20% and peak usage was about 14 gb that I
ever...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 13, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Hench[_2_]
GPU heat and Ram questions

I have a crappy XF brand (or something like that) Radeon 4350. PCI-E

It's got 1 GB DDR2 dedicated and windows 7 claims it can use another 3
GB shared RAM although I don't know how.

Card can run...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 13, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Hench[_2_]
PCIe to SATA host controller cards: Why only 2-port on lowercost cards?

On 2/15/2013 6:05 AM, Paul wrote:
Hench wrote:
Specifically, PCIe 2.0 to SATA 600 mb/sec (III) cards.

Around the Toronto area I can only find these cards with 2 internal
SATA ports. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 13, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Hench[_2_]
PCIe to SATA host controller cards: Why only 2-port on lower costcards?

Specifically, PCIe 2.0 to SATA 600 mb/sec (III) cards.

Around the Toronto area I can only find these cards with 2 internal SATA
ports. many cards come with an additional 2 external eSata or USB...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 9th 13, 11:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Hench[_2_]
USB backup and imaging device - recommendations please.

On 2/9/2013 4:51 AM, John wrote:

I would prefer one that isn't powered by USB but rather with a separate
wall-wart (US 120v). Running a hard drive on USB power doesn't sound
like a good idea....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 13, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.javascript,comp.programming,comp.unix.shell
Replies: 1
Posted By Hench[_2_]
The most important website in the world for any entrepreneur

On 1/21/2013 9:47 AM, Web Developers wrote:
Hello,
We just launched our new site - www.webmeeters.com a couple of days
back.
It allows the formation of virtual "companies" made up of workers...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20