Showing results 1 to 25 of 162
Search took 2.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: species8350
Forum: Intel September 17th 13, 05:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By species8350
testing usb ports

Hi,

I believe that my my front usb ports may be faulty.

Is the a free software package that can tell me if the fault lies with the front ports, or the motherboard?

Thanks

Ps. The rear usb ports...
Forum: Dell Computers August 13th 13, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By species8350
Restore

I have Dell Recovery drive (used 5 of 10 GB) and was wondering if I should image this partition in case I can't get access to the backup drive.

Is this a good idea - attempt to restore from a DVD
Forum: General April 20th 13, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By species8350
Cleaning boards

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:02:01 PM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
I noticed that my cards and boards are covered in dust.

I have no compressed air (I could blow on them), what is the...
Forum: General April 18th 13, 03:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By species8350
Cleaning boards

I noticed that my cards and boards are covered in dust.

I have no compressed air (I could blow on them), what is the safest way to clean boards (cables, etc).

Thanks
Forum: General April 14th 13, 01:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 13th 13, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 11th 13, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 9th 13, 01:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 9th 13, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 9th 13, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 8th 13, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 8th 13, 01:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 8th 13, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 7th 13, 12:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 6th 13, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 6th 13, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 6th 13, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 6th 13, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 6th 13, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 6th 13, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

On Friday, April 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

Forum: General April 5th 13, 11:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By species8350
Booting Problem

When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

How can I investigate and solve the problem?

Thanks

Ps Other details:...
Forum: General April 1st 13, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By species8350
USA motherboard but UK Use

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:17:41 AM UTC, Rob wrote:
On 26/03/2013 04:33, species8350 wrote:

I own a Dell Dimension E520 computer.

I believe that it needs a new...
Forum: General March 26th 13, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By species8350
USA motherboard but UK Use

I own a Dell Dimension E520 computer.

I believe that it needs a new motherboard.

I have seen a suitably proced motherboard on ebay, but it will come from the USA.

I know that the electrical...
Forum: Dell Computers July 27th 12, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By species8350
Dell Dimension E520 Mouse Driver

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:28:54 PM UTC+1, Pen wrote:
On 7/26/2012 6:53 AM, species8350 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me the correct mouse driver for the E520, under Vista 32...
Forum: Dell Computers July 26th 12, 11:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By species8350
Dell Dimension E520 Mouse Driver

Hi,

Can someone tell me the correct mouse driver for the E520, under Vista 32 bit?

Thanks
Showing results 1 to 25 of 162