Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 1.56 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ehud Shapira
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 15th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Ehud Shapira
VMR9 video playback too bright/washed (TV range instead of PC range)

On Feb 13, 12:01 am, Tashfeen Bhimdi wrote:
Nvidia is aware of this problem, they've been mentioning it in their
driver release notes for many a release now and wrote...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 8th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Ehud Shapira
VMR9 video playback too bright/washed (TV range instead of PC range)

right-click in the field of the video and select Shaders - 16-235 to 0-255.
Nothing alike here. Perhaps some extras added by you later?

This shader requires Pixel Shader 1.4 capability, which...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 7th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Ehud Shapira
VMR9 video playback too bright/washed (TV range instead of PC range)

I found an alternative way to see how it looks if extended YUV range
is handed to the renderer: using ffdshow's AviSynth module
(ColorYUV(levels="TV-PC")). It looks fine, although I didn't...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 7th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Ehud Shapira
VMR9 video playback too bright/washed (TV range instead of PC range)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using MPC (6.4.9.0) most of the time, nor do I see that
shader. What is it called and where do you see it?
Perhaps it won't work on this old/weak gfx card, but either...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 6th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Ehud Shapira
VMR9 video playback too bright/washed (TV range instead of PC range)

I have a problem with video playback on an FX 5200 on Win9x. The video
is too bright/washed using VMR9 output (not overlay), because the YUV
range isn't extended to 0-255 and remains the original...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 3rd 07, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ehud Shapira
WakeOnLAN on CUSI-FX doesn't work after power loss?

I tried different settings for "AC power loss restart".

"Disabled"/"Previous State" both have the aforementioned issue.

"Enable" goes to the other extreme; the computer powers up on every
stray...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ehud Shapira
WakeOnLAN on CUSI-FX doesn't work after power loss?

Paul wrote:
Have you experimented with the "AC PWR Loss Restart" setting in the BIOS ?
Maybe you can arrange something via that setting.

I'll try. This setting is indeed disabled because I don't...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 19th 06, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ehud Shapira
WakeOnLAN on CUSI-FX doesn't work after power loss?

Since I couldn't get ASUS to bother replying, I hope someone here
knows.

I'm using WakeOnLAN on a CUSI-FX with BIOS 1009 (I wish ASUS would
bother making the last BIOS version, 1018, not...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 19th 06, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ehud Shapira
How do I get out of Standby?

Natéag:

It works for me on a P2B, which is rather old. If it does require
specific support, I guess most motherboards should work (although the
OP running Win98 suggests he's using an old one).

It...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 19th 06, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ehud Shapira
How do I get out of Standby?

Pressing the spacebar (or something else on the keyboard?) works for me.
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 19th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By Ehud Shapira
What is the Status of ASUS?

ChrisC (pleaseremove) wrote:
Hi, I've not had any problems with the support Asus has given, even had
replies to my technical inquiries within minutes on one occassion.

Maybe they decided to shun...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 17th 06, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Ehud Shapira
FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

Paul, you mean about UT99? The issues I'm having are most likely driver
related. But I probably shouldn't dicuss this on an ASUS mobos group.
:)

The card works in AGP x2, as expected, BTW. No...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 17th 06, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By Ehud Shapira
What is the Status of ASUS?

Geoff wrote:
Has this sloppyness spilled oer to their boards as well?

I don't know about the hardware, but like you, I'm disappointed with
their site. And also, their tech support, or more like,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 16th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Ehud Shapira
FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

Ok, it's checked. The MSI works. Tried some 3D, and it works fine.

I'm getting strangely low framerates in Unreal Tournament (the
original), but I guess it's a drive issues or something similar --...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 14th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Ehud Shapira
FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

Thanks all for the info.

I'll try the card and report back the results for the sake of future
generations. :)

The card's an MSI FX5200-T128 8936-290, BTW.

Daniel Mandic wrote:
when it have two...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 14th 06, 01:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Ehud Shapira
FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

Thanks Paul. :)

Can you tell me the exact model or describe the MSI card? (Just to be
extra sure... :)

The 9800 would not work, but 9700 and 9500 should (according to info I
bumped into while...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 14th 06, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Ehud Shapira
FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

DaveW wrote:
The old "AGP 1.0" standard of your motherboard may be the problem why a
modern video card will not work.

Of course that *might* be the problem (I haven't tried it yet),...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 14th 06, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Ehud Shapira
FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

BigJim wrote:
I stuck one in a p3v4x worked fine but that is newer than the p2b.

Yes, newer and AGP 2.0. :)
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 13th 06, 05:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ehud Shapira
New sata install

Is that the original version (or maybe SP1) of XP? If that's the case,
perhaps you need to you use the driver diskette/CD that comes with the
motherboard while starting the Windows installation,...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19