Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fixer
Forum: Dell Computers November 7th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Fixer
hard drive activity/greenl ight

"Robert L. Altic Jr." wrote in message
A question concerning hard drive activity on my Dell XPS 410. I have
relocated my...
Forum: Dell Computers October 31st 08, 09:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Fixer
Memory failure question...

"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message news:uKvOk.358153$TT4.95451@attbi_s22...
Hi!

Called Dell and they said the 4 beeps indicated it was a...
Forum: Dell Computers October 30th 08, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Fixer
How good are the Broadcom miniPCI wifi cards used by Dell ???

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I've got some older Dell P4 laptops to refurb here and I might need some
of the miniPCI wifi...
Forum: Dell Computers October 29th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Fixer
Inspiron 1420 with a dell wireless 355 bluetooth module as a customer install

"Pen" wrote in message
RnR wrote:
Ok, ordered from the outlet store a pink (you wouldn't catch me using
this) inspiron 1420...
Forum: Dell Computers October 19th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Fixer
Overclock Ram 800MHz to 1066MHz??

"Don Cohen" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a brand-new Dell 630i (6gb 800MHz RAM, QuadCore Q6600, dual 640gb...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Fixer
My dead DELL - feedback PS

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
you might want to draft a letter to expressing your
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 12:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Fixer
My dead DELL - feedback PS

"Albédo" wrote in message
Hello from France again.
After what I explained right here ("How dead is my Dell" thread started
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Fixer
My dead DELL - feedback PS

"Albédo" wrote in message
Hello from France again.
After what I explained right here ("How dead is my Dell" thread started
Forum: Dell Computers October 12th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Fixer
Potentially Faulty GPU in my new Dell

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
You need to look at the specs and the service manual for the XPS 1530.
Some
Forum: Dell Computers October 11th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Fixer
Inspiron 9200 screen problem

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
the inspiron 9200 were known to have a vertical line of dead pixels
problem,...
Forum: Dell Computers October 10th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Fixer
Dell Extended Warranty

"H Smith" wrote in message
I recently purchased a Dell XPS M1530--love the machine.

I received a letter and had a phone call about Dell's...
Forum: Dell Computers October 7th 08, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Fixer
Tight Screws

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
So, plan B is a screw extractor.

Any hints on the best type to try?

A 3/32 drill bit fits in the...
Forum: Dell Computers October 7th 08, 08:28 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Fixer
Tight Screws

"RnR" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:25:22 -0400, Ron Hardin
wrote:

A (apparently)...
Forum: Dell Computers October 6th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Fixer
Laptop wont connect to WiFi network with security settings

"Shelly" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:40:38 +0100, "M"
wrote:

I have just...
Forum: Dell Computers October 1st 08, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Fixer
1394

wrote in message
I need help, I am trying to download my video from my camcorder, i am using
a fire wire...
Forum: Dell Computers October 1st 08, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Fixer
something a little disturbing

"Fixer" wrote in message
Just found out something by accident,
SNIP

what i actually meant to say was this program for...
Forum: Dell Computers October 1st 08, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Fixer
something a little disturbing

Just found out something by accident, that if you have Computertrace
activated on your laptop and run a particular Dell program that is available
to Engineers then it disable computer trace in the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 30th 08, 09:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Fixer
Firewire on Dimension 9200......trying to move it to Vostro 410....

"Mad Cliffy's Legs Don't Work" wrote in
message
......so I've removed the card and cable...
Forum: Dell Computers September 23rd 08, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Fixer
Inspiron vs Latitude vs XPS

"ps56k" wrote in message
Fixer wrote:
"ps56k" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 08, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Fixer
How dead is my Dell?

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
"Albédo" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 08, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Fixer
Vista to XP?? Help for a friend

"MZB" wrote in message
OK, my friend has a SONY (about 4 years old model VGN290). It came with XP
and he upgraded to VISTA.

Long...
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 08, 09:26 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Fixer
Inspiron vs Latitude vs XPS

"ps56k" wrote in message
I can't quite figure out all the differences
between these product lines -
Inspiron...
Forum: Dell Computers September 21st 08, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Fixer
Dimension 2400 - which memory slot?

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
It should not matter, but in case it does, look for a marking "DIMM 1"
next...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Fixer
inspiron 1520 how bizzare

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
i'm thinking that the problem might be with the headphone socket... when
you...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Fixer
inspiron 1520 how bizzare

"S.Lewis" wrote in message