Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Administrator
Forum: Cdr January 14th 07, 10:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Administrator
Making a bootable dvd: Update

Hello smh,
Well, I finally managed to boot from the said dvd yesterday.
I was swapping dvds in and out of the drive and left one in while I rebooted
my OS.
As it was booting I saw the message about...
Forum: Cdr January 12th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Administrator
Making a bootable dvd

Hello smh,
When I load the said iso file into PowerIso, the option to add boot in formation
is greyed out, so I assume that the iso already has boot information , because
it has a boot folder, but...
Forum: Cdr January 12th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Administrator
Making a bootable dvd

Hello smh,
hey, no problem about misunderstanding me, your'e not the only one, lol.
The iso is a windows app/program which I want to install on a free partition,
and is about 2.3Gb in size. It has a...
Forum: Cdr January 11th 07, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Administrator
Making a bootable dvd

Hello smh,
thanks for your replies, but when I use Nero to burn it or even burn it as
an iso using PowerIso it doesn't boot. My system does not recognise the dvd
as a bootable device, even tho I...
Forum: Cdr January 10th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Administrator
Making a bootable dvd

I have a 2.7gb iso file which I want to burn to a dvd and make that dvd bootable.
I gather doing a botable dvd is different from a bootable cd, so any guidance
would be appreciated.

What software,...
Forum: Cdr December 30th 06, 09:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Administrator
Mike Richter Intimate w/ Experts & Professionals?

Thanks very much for a very simple/logical explanation.
Yes I see the difference now, and I was getting mixed up, as far as my CDRW
burner goes, with CDR's and CDRW's.
Now you mention it, I have...
Forum: Cdr December 29th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Administrator
Mike Richter Intimate w/ Experts & Professionals?

Hello smh,
excuse me, but I'm a bit confused here.
According to what Dan G said, if my burner only burns at x4, then I must
use only x4 dvd media??? Ok
Now then, my CDRW writer only burns at x12,...
Forum: Cdr December 28th 06, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Administrator
Whats wrong with my DVD writer

Hello Dan,
So you mean I should only use x4 speed dvd's, and not anything or others
above that, like x8 or x16 which I have now.
The dvd writer will only write at x4 maximum anyway. so I am not...
Forum: Cdr December 28th 06, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Administrator
Whats wrong with my DVD writer

I have a Pioneer DVR 106D dual format DVD writer, which is about 3 years
old now and it has written about 100 media dvd's and about 10/12 data dvd's.
All the media and most of the data dvd's are...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9