Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wax
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 1st 07, 02:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
Posted By Wax
Successor to 8800?

"HockeyTownUSA" wrote in message
I have started compiling the specs for my new PC, which I'm hoping to start
purchasing...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 25th 07, 01:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Wax
7950 GT versus 8 series fast question

Cool, I appreciate the info guys. Thanks again.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 25th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Wax
7950 GT versus 8 series fast question

In terms of raw speed, which GeForce 8 series card is the equivalent of a
7950 GT? Thanks.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 18th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Wax
Upgrade

"Rev. G.G. Willikers " wrote in message

Agreed. The OP does not list his mobo. If he is restricted to AGP,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 18th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Wax
Upgrade

"Rev. G.G. Willikers " wrote in message

Another gig still wouldn't hurt....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 25th 07, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Wax
Pirates versus Cheaters.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

Downloading and not paying for games = pirating.

Free ride in police cab if you are...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 18th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Replies: 72
Posted By Wax
NVIDIA: "We Underestimated Necessary Resources for Vista Driver Development"

"Conor" wrote in message

And how will that help when the problem is the drivers and not the OS?

Besides the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 18th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Replies: 72
Posted By Wax
NVIDIA: "We Underestimated Necessary Resources for Vista Driver Development"

"AirRaid" wrote in message

An official from Nvidia, a leading designer of system chipsets and
graphics...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 11th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By Wax
Doom3: Stuck at 540x480 with my new LCD monitor

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message

The Samsung 225BW has a maximum resolution of 1680x1050(WS).

CRT's are superior to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 8th 07, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 17
Posted By Wax
I've come to the conclusion that nVidia...

"Augustus" wrote in message

But I can tell you one area where Nvidia is light years ahead of ATI,
and has been for years. That...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 4th 07, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 26
Posted By Wax
Finally moving to an LCD monitor. Do I have to do anything?

"PW" wrote in message
Hi,

I got tired of running out of space with multiple programs open so I
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 4th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 27
Posted By Wax
Windows XP & DirectX 10

"Access" wrote in message
Will DirectX 10 become available for Windows XP ? If not, why ?

I doubt it will ever happen for several...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 22nd 07, 06:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Wax
6800GT, needs upgrading

"Frodo" wrote in message
Have someone that is currently using a 6800GT AGP for first person
shooters.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 26th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Wax
No Support For FX 5500 in NVidia Vista Drivers?

"Peter van der Goes" wrote in message

Actually it's 5200 (w/ 128 meg) or better. DX9 and WDDM.
The FX5500 runs Aero just...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 7th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 47
Posted By Wax
8800 GTX or not?

wrote in message
Hi,
I've been thinking about upgrading my video card...
The top card today is the 8800GTX...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 06, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 28
Posted By Wax
8800 - wait and see...

" wrote in message

If people are genuinely interested I'll update this thread...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 20th 06, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By Wax
8800 - wait and see...