Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mint
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 12, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mint
Refill Canon PGI-220BK cartridge

On Apr 4, 2:26*pm, GlowingBlueMist
wrote:
On 4/4/2012 8:23 AM, Mint wrote:

I went to Walgreens and was told they don't refill ANY Canon print
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 4th 12, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mint
Refill Canon PGI-220BK cartridge

I went to Walgreens and was told they don't refill ANY Canon print
cartridges.

I wondered if there is some payoff going on. :-)

Can I refill that cartridge and the CLI-221BK by myself ?

Thanks,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 12, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Mint
TV sound not working

On Feb 23, 11:40*pm, Paul wrote:
Mint wrote:
On Feb 20, 4:06 pm, Mint wrote:
On Feb 20, 12:30 pm, Paul wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 12, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Mint
TV sound not working

On Feb 20, 4:06*pm, Mint wrote:
On Feb 20, 12:30*pm, Paul wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 12, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Mint
TV sound not working

On Feb 20, 12:30*pm, Paul wrote:
Mint wrote:
I have looked at the owner's value with no luck.

I can't get the internal speakers of my TV working again.

The sound...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 12, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Mint
TV sound not working

I have looked at the owner's value with no luck.

I can't get the internal speakers of my TV working again.

The sound works fine coming out of the home theater speakers.

Thanks,
Andy
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 12, 12:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Mint
Source of vibration

On Feb 18, 1:18*pm, "SC Tom" wrote:
"Mint" wrote in message

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 12, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Mint
Source of vibration

On Feb 18, 6:46*am, Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 04:56:24 -0800 (PST), Mint

wrote:
I am trying to find out the source of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 12, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Mint
Source of vibration

On Feb 17, 7:53*pm, Loren Pechtel wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:24:22 -0800 (PST), Mint

wrote:
The screw are tightened...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 12, 10:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Mint
Source of vibration

On Feb 17, 2:57*pm, "SC Tom" wrote:
Mint wrote:
On Feb 17, 7:49 am, Krypsis wrote:
On 17/02/2012 11:56 PM, Mint wrote:

I am trying to find...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 12, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Mint
Source of vibration

On Feb 17, 7:49*am, Krypsis wrote:
On 17/02/2012 11:56 PM, Mint wrote:

I am trying to find out the source of some vibration from my computer.

It usually...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 12, 12:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Mint
Source of vibration

I am trying to find out the source of some vibration from my computer.

It usually eventually goes away but not b4 my blood pressure has
spiked. :-)

It's not coming from the hard drives.

Thanks,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 13th 11, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mint
Who uses the Windows 7 password reset disc utility? It's great

On Apr 12, 9:34*am, RayLopez99 wrote:
Apparently they improved on the XP password reset disc. *Now, with
Windows 7, you can create a small file (initially on a USB stick)...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 27th 11, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Mint
Reversing a transformer?

On Mar 27, 2:26*pm, jvalh wrote:
Hello Experts,

I have a little problem.

It involves a transformer that has on one side a blue and brown wire.
Two other wires, also...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 11, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mint
Heat generation

On Mar 19, 7:45*am, "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:
Mint wrote:

I *was wondering why so much heat comes from the power supply fan.

Is the conversion from 120...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 11, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mint
Heat generation

I was wondering why so much heat comes from the power supply fan.

Is the conversion from 120 Volt to the lower voltages that
inefficient ?

Thanks.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 11, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mint
Fried a power supply

On Feb 28, 7:30*am, Mint wrote:
On Feb 27, 2:11*pm, (GMAN) wrote:

In article ,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 28th 11, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mint
Fried a power supply

On Feb 27, 2:11*pm, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , Paul wrote:
Mint wrote:
I was careless and did...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 11, 01:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mint
Fried a power supply

On Feb 26, 11:32*pm, Paul wrote:
Mint wrote:
On Feb 26, 8:57 pm, Paul wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mint wrote:
I was careless and did not tape up...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 11, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mint
Fried a power supply

On Feb 26, 10:20*pm, John Doe wrote:
Mint chocolatemint77581 yahoo.com wrote:
Paul wrote:

Even after taking out the floppy drive...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 11, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mint
Fried a power supply

On Feb 26, 8:57*pm, Paul wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mint wrote:
I was careless and did not tape up some exposed wires for one of my
power leads that I was using to power a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 11, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mint
Fried a power supply

I was careless and did not tape up some exposed wires for one of my
power leads that I was using to power a fan in a computer.

Red wire met black wire.

Computer shut down immediately.

Hope I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 11, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Mint
Mount IDE hard drive externally

On Feb 20, 9:06*am, Mike Easter wrote:
Mint wrote:
Mike Easter
Mint wrote:
I want to add a second hard drive to an older system.
Can I mount it externally...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 11, 11:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Mint
Mount IDE hard drive externally

On Feb 20, 9:25*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

Hmmmm. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to mount a fan on top of
a hard...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 11, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Mint
Mount IDE hard drive externally

On Feb 19, 11:06*am, Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 06:16:56 -0800 (PST), Mint