Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Walter Mautner
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 7th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 19
Posted By Walter Mautner
Is my HDD dying or something else from these errors and symptoms?

Ant wrote:

I would make sure to run a backup ASAP, like right now.

Already did onto hda since that's the only HDD I have to back up to).
Now, how come before these errors came up my...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 6th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 19
Posted By Walter Mautner
Is my HDD dying or something else from these errors and symptoms?

Ant wrote:

In alt.comp.periphs.hdd Ignoramus24341
wrote:

Your hdb is VERY old (over 6 years of actual running hours). It does
not seem to support...
Forum: General July 6th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Walter Mautner
XP Repairing System.

kony wrote:

Why are we reposting this spam?

Isn't "posting SPAM" like teleporting a tautology?
*beam me up, Scotty*
--
vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 6th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

kony wrote:

Why are we reposting this spam?

Isn't "posting SPAM" like teleporting a tautology?
*beam me up, Scotty*
--
vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin...
Forum: General June 20th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Walter Mautner
HP - xw6400

wrote:

It looks quite smart in its grey and metallic silver finish and,
measuring just 441 x 165 x 440mm, the case has been designed to fit in
a rack as well as on or...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 20th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Walter Mautner
HP - xw6400

wrote:

It looks quite smart in its grey and metallic silver finish and,
measuring just 441 x 165 x 440mm, the case has been designed to fit in
a rack as well as on or...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 14th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.general
Replies: 26
Posted By Walter Mautner
Can partitioning a disk reduce booting trouble?

wrote:

On 13 Mar, 22:06, Walter Mautner nodeleaf.
wrote:
If you right-click your "documents and settings" folder and transfer/move
it to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 13th 07, 11:06 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.general
Replies: 26
Posted By Walter Mautner
Can partitioning a disk reduce booting trouble?

wrote:

Recently bought a PC which came with Disk divided into 2 equal
partition. Thought that could be a way to solve my troubles to an
extent.

If you right-click your...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 13th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.linux
Replies: 3
Posted By Walter Mautner
General partition question

trevaaaaaaa wrote:

Could someone point me to an faq regarding rules for partitioning, I
currently have two versions of windows xp pro & 1 vista installed which
are accessed using acronis os...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9