Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cal Vanize
Forum: General January 2nd 08, 05:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Cal Vanize
Southbridge speeds

kony wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:40:54 -0600, Cal Vanize
wrote:

I'm considering enhancing the performance of my existing system. I have
an Opteron 175...
Forum: General January 1st 08, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Cal Vanize
Southbridge speeds

I'm considering enhancing the performance of my existing system. I have
an Opteron 175 on an ASUS A8N-VM CSM with a WD Raptor 150ADFD. I want
to rebuild the system using the onboard RAID...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors January 1st 08, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By Cal Vanize
Southbridge speeds

I'm considering enhancing the performance of my existing system. I have
an Opteron 175 on an ASUS A8N-VM CSM with a WD Raptor 150ADFD. I want
to rebuild the system using the onboard RAID...
Forum: General August 27th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By Cal Vanize
Routers

Plato wrote:
Cal Vanize wrote:
I'm really getting tired of having to periodically reset my router
(Linksys BEFSR11 with the latest software updates I can get). Seems

Frankly, I've used...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 25th 07, 06:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 3
Posted By Cal Vanize
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet?

rms wrote:
I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

Try AutoZone. Get some axle grease. Works as...
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Cal Vanize
What does "Refurbished" mean?

Talal Itani wrote:
Hello,

Some stores, including Fry's, sell Refurbished items. In general, what does
refurbished mean? Does it mean that the item was repaired? Does it mean a
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 22nd 07, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Cal Vanize
What does "Refurbished" mean?

Talal Itani wrote:
Hello,

Some stores, including Fry's, sell Refurbished items. In general, what does
refurbished mean? Does it mean that the item was repaired? Does it mean a
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By Cal Vanize
Routers - Cisco 831?

Cal Vanize wrote:

I'm really getting tired of having to periodically reset my router
(Linksys BEFSR11 with the latest software updates I can get). Seems
like regardless of the stability...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By Cal Vanize
Routers

kony wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:20:29 -0400, kony
wrote:

Instead of pretending I know something as you did, I
suggested a way to attempt to isolate this potential...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 06:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By Cal Vanize
Routers

kony wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:48:30 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
wrote:

Funny, my BEFSR41 has been rock solid for years now.
I have it connected to a Zoom DSL X6...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By Cal Vanize
Routers

I'm really getting tired of having to periodically reset my router
(Linksys BEFSR11 with the latest software updates I can get). Seems
like regardless of the stability of the rest of the network,...
Forum: General August 1st 07, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Cal Vanize
Are power backup UPSs worthwhile?

CBFalconer wrote:
Mike Walsh wrote:
A UPS is worthwhile if you want to leave a PC on for long periods
where power is not very reliable. It will provide protection for
brownouts and...
Forum: General July 30th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Cal Vanize
Are power backup UPSs worthwhile?

Jack S wrote:
"Mike Walsh" wrote in message
Most UPSs provide power long enough for most power interruptions, but none
long...
Forum: General July 30th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Cal Vanize
AMD XP PC starts automatically... power supply issue?

Thumper wrote:
My AMD-based XP machine boots automatically (when I plug in the power)
and does not shut down (power off) when I shut down from Windows or
hold the power button.

To be...
Forum: General July 28th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Cal Vanize
Quad core in Windoze XP

DaveW wrote:
My Intel Core Duo Quad CPU runs fine with XP.

That's exactly what I wanted to know.
Forum: General July 27th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Cal Vanize
Quad core in Windoze XP

Yes Baby wrote:
"Cal Vanize" wrote in message
Skeleton Man wrote:
Any issues with upgrading to a quad core processor...
Forum: General July 27th 07, 07:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Cal Vanize
Quad core in Windoze XP

Noozer wrote:
"Cal Vanize" wrote in message
Any issues with upgrading to a quad core processor in WinXP?

XP Home......
Forum: General July 27th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Cal Vanize
Quad core in Windoze XP

Skeleton Man wrote:
Any issues with upgrading to a quad core processor in WinXP?
No I have one running at 2.57MHz.

2.57MHz. ? A Zilog Z80 perhaps ?

Chris

Forum: General July 27th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Cal Vanize
Quad core in Windoze XP

Any issues with upgrading to a quad core processor in WinXP?

TIA
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 24th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 2
Posted By Cal Vanize
HDTV tuner

Looking for an HDTV tuner for an HTPC. Native resolution on the LCD TV
is 1366 x 768. We want to use analog antenna (HDTV over the air) AND
analog cable (not HDTV). Video capture is highly...
Forum: General July 24th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Cal Vanize
HDTV tuner

Looking for an HDTV tuner for an HTPC. Native resolution on the LCD TV
is 1366 x 768. We want to use analog antenna (HDTV over the air) AND
analog cable (not HDTV). Video capture is highly...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 23rd 07, 06:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Cal Vanize
HDTV tuner

Looking for an HDTV tuner for an HTPC. Native resolution on the LCD TV
is 1366 x 768. We want to use analog antenna (HDTV over the air) AND
analog cable (not HDTV). Video capture is highly...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors July 14th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By Cal Vanize
AMD 5600+ runs too hot - why?

surface9 wrote:

I don't know what I did, but, like you said,
"s**t happens".

Yeah.... Shat hippens.
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors July 13th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By Cal Vanize
AMD 5600+ runs too hot - why?

surface9 wrote:
I just built an AMD 5600+ system (with the heatsink/fan that came in
the retail box) and when I was just going into the bios screens it
heated up to over 80C - why? The CPU fan...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 12th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Cal Vanize
cheap video card

Slap wrote:
7300 LE will work. Should be around $75 or $80 for a 256 mb card... maybe
less if someone is upgrading and wants to dump theirs.

"Hopey" wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45