Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 2.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ernest Fowler
Forum: Acer Computers February 26th 09, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Page Fault in Non-Paged Area

Can you identify exactly which update causes the failure, or something close
enough so the rest of us can readily identify this problem if it surfaces on
our watch?

I, for one, would appreciate...
Forum: Acer Computers February 19th 09, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Page Fault in Non-Paged Area

Did you take the time to advise Acer of this problem since you DID find a
solution????? That way they can fix eLock Manager so it does get along with
the updates. It might be especially helpful...
Forum: Acer Computers December 9th 08, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Aspire 1703sc power supply problem diagnosis

The laptop will operate without the battery installed. If it works with the
ac adapter only then the battery is probably bad, although there is a way to
test it to be sure. This is from the Acer...
Forum: General January 19th 08, 11:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Acer Aspire 5100 Power Mgt questions...

If you haven't done so yet, you might also look at obtaining the latest CPU
driver from AMD. The latest driver version is v1.3.2.0053 dated 9/7/07.
They are available at...
Forum: Acer Computers January 19th 08, 11:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Acer Aspire 5100 Power Mgt questions...

If you haven't done so yet, you might also look at obtaining the latest CPU
driver from AMD. The latest driver version is v1.3.2.0053 dated 9/7/07.
They are available at...
Forum: Acer Computers August 14th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Ernest Fowler
known power issues w/ Aspires?

I had a similar problem and Acer Support sent me to an article titled "If
the notebook does not power on:" that ran me through a notebook version of
power off / on reset. See if that helps.

Ernie...
Forum: Acer Computers April 23rd 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Acer Aspire 5610 eNET Manager memory problem

Yes, you do have similar reports as mine in the sense of context.

Not knowing how computer literate you are, I am going to try to help you see
the "big picture" about what you (we) are dealing with...
Forum: Acer Computers April 22nd 07, 12:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Acer Aspire 5610 eNET Manager memory problem

Ashley (and James):

Humor an old man (oops, you weren't supposed to know that) and check your
Application Event Viewer on the machine you installed the User Profile Hive
Clean tool on.

It should...
Forum: Acer Computers April 10th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Acer Aspire 5610 eNET Manager memory problem

Actually, it _IS_ a Microsoft problem in the user profile hive. I
downloaded and installed the fix (KB837115) and haven't had a problem since.
To get the fix, start he
Forum: Acer Computers March 15th 07, 08:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Battery Life

David,

All you need to do is run the laptop on battery power until it shuts down.
It should hold up for about two hours. Acer ePower Manager settings for
your battery are probably still at their...
Forum: Acer Computers February 16th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 8
Posted By Ernest Fowler
TravelMate 6463 / hidden partition

Martin:

Your best bet is to go ahead and let it reimage your drive, then run Acer's
programs to make the DVD/CD-R you desire. Once that is done, you can do
whatever you want.

As for the system,...
Forum: Acer Computers February 16th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 3
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Power issues on TravelMate 8104

First of all, when you contact Acer online, you get a number to access later
that they use to post answers to your question and any follow up. They
normally do not directly contact you other than...
Forum: Acer Computers February 16th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 3
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Installing Second O/S

The D: partition is Acer's backup drive/partition. When you use eRecovery
to create a image for backup in case of system failure, that is where it is
put. If you put Linux there your drive format...
Forum: Acer Computers January 9th 07, 05:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 5
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Acer iDea 510 MCE 2005 - English version missing

Have you tried to do a "Repair" installation of MCE? You should be able to
do it using the English language CD and overcome your device problems at the
same time. Just put back the stock image...
Forum: Acer Computers January 8th 07, 06:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 3
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Recommended DVD Media for TM4220

Hi, Nils:

Well, that being the case, what media have you tried? Personally, I avoid
Memorex. Nothing but bad luck with their media. Sony, Verbatim, Maxell,
and WinData have done me fine so far....
Forum: Acer Computers January 8th 07, 06:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By Ernest Fowler
partition ??

RW:

You will need Partition Magic or some other partitioning program to activate
the hidden partition. I have done this many times without problem.
However, some things to consider before you...
Forum: Acer Computers January 4th 07, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 3
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Recommended DVD Media for TM4220

If you are trying to burn video DVD that are bought, they cannot because of
encryption that is required on the original disk. It is not copied during
the copy process to prevent piracy. I imagine...
Forum: Acer Computers December 2nd 06, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Frustrated with my acer aspire 2010, any help please.

Did you check to see if it has defaulted to an external monitor? Check it
out anyway. At the very least check to see if it will work on external
monitor. If so, run a check to see if the...
Forum: Acer Computers November 26th 06, 06:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Can't uninstall eManager

Fantastic! Glad that fixed your problem. I didn't want to say it, but I
felt your problem was in the registry all along. Hopefully someone coming
along with the same problem will read this...
Forum: Acer Computers November 25th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Can't uninstall eManager

Okay, Bill, then how about the process described in KB891985? The article
is titled "You may receive Error 1721 when you try to remove programs by
using Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP". ...
Forum: Acer Computers November 24th 06, 01:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By Ernest Fowler
Can't uninstall eManager

Have you tried uninstalling while in safe mode?

Ernie from Kansas City, Kansas, USA

wrote in message
I have an...
Forum: Acer Computers November 22nd 06, 07:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Ernest Fowler
recovery disks not working after installing Debian

You should have gone to the Acer support site and read about their recovery
system before you started.

Acer uses an cheesy recovery system that depends on Ghost for drive imaging
and expects to...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22