Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pheasant
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 20th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By pheasant
slowing down a USB 2 connection

Paul wrote:

Any way to slow data transfers on the newer machines?

Thanks

Mark

The quickest way, might be to look at Device Manager.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 20th 09, 11:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By pheasant
slowing down a USB 2 connection

Daughter gave me a no name mp3 player last year when she upgraded to
fancy ipod.

As long as transfers are done with USB 1 works fine. I just got rid of
last computer without 2 as a standard. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 10th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pheasant
New build with XP-Thanks Hawkeye

After reading Hawkeye's hard drive experience, I'm a lot less itchy.:(
SATA is no big deal, but the other drivers mentioned further down make
me think it's best to update the OS too. Don't want to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By pheasant
Got Brave-Thanks Philo

After a week of building up the courage to do so, took the SATA hd that
was primary in the old buggy box, and added to the replacement.

C: is a 40gb IDE drive, plugged the SATA onto the proper...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 08, 12:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By pheasant
Now what-follow up

Cut my losses. Even for a hobby box the potential issues were too many. :(
Set up another box and life is good again. Boy this P4 2.8 is one heck
of a lot slower than the old Athalon XP 2500. But...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 30th 08, 12:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By pheasant
Now What?

Dave wrote:
"pheasant" wrote in message
Windows getting buggy needs reinstall. Decided to add a new IDE HD for
a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 29th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By pheasant
Now What?

Windows getting buggy needs reinstall. Decided to add a new IDE HD for
a fresh install of WXP. Removed the power and SATA cable to existing
HD, plugged in the new IDE drive, booted from CD, let...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 24th 08, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pheasant
Adding an IDE hd to a SATA system

Windows issue.

Instead of a format going to put in a new IDE hd for the os. The
current SATA hd will go from primary to slave.

Will I have to reload the sata drivers when I am reinstalling the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo
Replies: 4
Posted By pheasant
All drives not being recognized - new drive seems to have bumpedone of the others

HiC wrote:
On Oct 5, 8:14 pm, HiC wrote:

It doesn't show up in Administrative Tools Computer Management
Disk management. It's not there. The only place I find...
Forum: General October 7th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo

HiC wrote:
On Oct 5, 8:14 pm, HiC wrote:

It doesn't show up in Administrative Tools Computer Management
Disk management. It's not there. The only place I find...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 12th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By pheasant
Home Burned DVD's gives players fits

Can someone please recommend a home dvd player that will chew through
dvd's burned on a home computer?

We have 2 Philips, a Toshiba, something called jWin, and another Newegg
special TRT. None...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 27th 08, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By pheasant
USB issues- Registry Keys per MS KB 925196

Anyone have any experience with this? Jump drives not recognized.
External hard drive no longer found.

Says to delete 2 registry keys, and reboot. Trouble is the upper key is
where the lower one...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 15th 08, 12:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By pheasant
KVM Switch not found by new box

Dave wrote:

Hardware manager reports drivers by Microsoft being used. I think it's
just enhancements that come with the "driver disk" that I put in the
box, such as volume control, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 13th 08, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By pheasant
KVM Switch not found by new box

Dave wrote:

"pheasant" wrote in message
Supposed to be plug and play. Made sure mouse and keyboard worked
with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 12th 08, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By pheasant
KVM Switch not found by new box

Supposed to be plug and play. Made sure mouse and keyboard worked with
new box before swapping. Installed each devices drivers, and when
plugged directly into box recognized and work fine. (PS2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By pheasant
USB ?

The crappy weather gave me a little inside time today.

Been having lots of USB troubles since new wireless adapter added.

Found out today the adapter takes 300mA. Plugged into one of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 10th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pheasant
Dunno WHERE this belongs

Chris Hill wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 10:57:17 -0500, pheasant
wrote:

Windoze; hardware; who knows.

USB's are fubar as in a previous post. That started with a new...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 7th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pheasant
Dunno WHERE this belongs

Windoze; hardware; who knows.

USB's are fubar as in a previous post. That started with a new D-Link
wireless N adapter. Been reading posts on this issue still no resolve to
it. When plugging in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 08, 10:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pheasant
USB-FUBAR

Paul wrote:
pheasant wrote:

D-Link wireless adapter died. Bought a Belkin G to replace it. In a
tough spot, signal drops frequently. NewEgg has a D-Link
Rangebooster N (DWA 142)...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 08, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pheasant
USB-FUBAR

D-Link wireless adapter died. Bought a Belkin G to replace it. In a tough
spot, signal drops frequently. NewEgg has a D-Link Rangebooster N (DWA
142) on sale. OK!! Now I've got signal locked...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 08, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By pheasant
Newegg - Online Ordering Fun

"geoff" wrote in message
Ordered some computer stuff and was hoping to have it here by the
holidays.

I received my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 24th 08, 11:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By pheasant
DPC's and stuttering mp3 player

Wireless adapter died. Bought a D Link DWA 142 Rangebooster to replace
it. Holds signal much better than previous one. Works great, but
doesn't play nice with other programs.

Problem arises...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 17th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By pheasant
NG for mp3 player problems?

Know it's a firmware/hardware issue, would like to get to the most
appropriate forum.
Thanks
--

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the...

Bought a 256mb pc100 sodimm for an old dell laptop for 25 bucks. Simple
Tangent was the brand IIRC. It doesn't like it. Does dell even use
proprietary memory or is the chip flakey?

Not too...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 23rd 08, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By pheasant
DVD Burner

Last build about 5 years ago, CD-RW was top dog.

Since DVD burners are now 30 bucks or less, want to add one to case.

What's the difference in formats between + and -. Any one "most"
common? As...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59