Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.96 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GB
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 20th 14, 02:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By GB
"Consumer-grade SSDs actually last a hell of a long time"

On 20/06/2014 13:31, RJH wrote:

Not as long as books, then ;-)

It's kind of ironic that as we move through the most culturally and
technologically rich period of time (on earth), a good deal...
Forum: General June 6th 13, 07:00 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 87
Posted By GB
PC almost at standstill

On 06/06/2013 18:31, Chris Whelan wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:18:43 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

[...]

BTW, just realised I presumably need to install XP SP1 and SP2...

Nope, just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 15th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By GB
Where get tactile keytop sticker for keyboard

Depending on how many you need you could use shirt buttons filed to
different shapes and attached with a cheap glue gun.

Or just globs of glue or silicone.
Forum: General April 15th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By GB
Where get tactile keytop sticker for keyboard

Depending on how many you need you could use shirt buttons filed to
different shapes and attached with a cheap glue gun.

Or just globs of glue or silicone.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 4th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By GB
New Desk

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" wrote in message

Heh! Joking-only-serious, really. If I could burn up...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 08, 11:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By GB
New Desk

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" wrote in message

Jolly good. The desks look pretty shallow to me, unless...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 08, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By GB
New Desk

Seriously, this time, I would have thought it would be ok, just as long as
it has some means of securing it to the wall. Free-standing, it looks
completely wrong to me. Also, from the pics, it's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 08, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By GB
New Desk

"DerekBaker" wrote in message

On topic anyone?

Does self-assembly count as homebuilt?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 08, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By GB
New Desk

"DerekBaker" wrote in message
Any thoughts on this?

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20115991

Forum: General March 18th 07, 09:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 49
Posted By GB
OK to have 500GB hard drive as one partition?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

just the puerile **** thats all it can ever manage.

I'd never seen this user before. Is there some sort of keyword generator
that creates...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 07, 09:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

just the puerile **** thats all it can ever manage.

I'd never seen this user before. Is there some sort of keyword generator
that creates...
Forum: General January 23rd 07, 11:37 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 38
Posted By GB
Battery life of wireless doorbell

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:00:17 GMT, "John"
wrote:

For the sake...
Forum: General January 20th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 38
Posted By GB
Battery life of wireless doorbell

"RiTSo" wrote in message
Ziggy wrote:

:: What is the approximate battery life of the receiver of a wire...
Forum: General December 29th 06, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By GB
Dell Dimension E520

"IE" wrote in message

Can't wait. I am running a 7 yr old P3 450 with 128 RAM so
should notice a massive difference!

I...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors December 29th 06, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By GB
Dell Dimension E520

"IE" wrote in message

Can't wait. I am running a 7 yr old P3 450 with 128 RAM so
should notice a massive difference!

I...
Forum: General December 28th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By GB
Dell Dimension E520

"IE" wrote in message
Hi,

Looking to buy a new computer and found this deal on the Dell website
change
support option...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors December 28th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By GB
Dell Dimension E520