Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alessandro
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 10, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Alessandro
Reading HD IDE as Slave without Master

Do you have the hard drive connected to the end connector of the cable ?
For a single drive, it should be connected to the end connector, not
the middle one.

Yes, connected to the end...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 10, 01:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Alessandro
Reading HD IDE as Slave without Master

"Paul" ha scritto nel messaggio
Alessandro wrote:
Hi all,

I found this page, but I have no idea what it means. I'd need a...
Forum: General July 4th 10, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Alessandro
Reading HD IDE as Slave without Master

"Pen" ha scritto nel messaggio
On 7/3/2010 6:46 PM, Alessandro wrote:

Have a look here, the jumper pins are on the drive...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 10, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Alessandro
Reading HD IDE as Slave without Master

Hi all,

I guess it's impossible, but I have an old IDE hd (Quantum Sirocco), without
jumpers - so set as Slave - I'd like to read on a motherboard without any
other Master IDE device.

Unofrtunately...
Forum: General July 3rd 10, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Alessandro
Reading HD IDE as Slave without Master

Hi all,

I guess it's impossible, but I have an old IDE hd (Quantum Sirocco), without
jumpers - so set as Slave - I'd like to read on a motherboard without any
other Master IDE...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 09, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Alessandro
Acer Travelmate keyboard site

Do you know a site where to buy a keyboard for laptop Acer Travelmate ?

Ale
Forum: General February 14th 09, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Alessandro
Acer travelmate keyboard

Do you know a site where to buy a keyboard for laptop Acer Travelmate ?

Ale
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 09, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Alessandro
Seagate Momentus 160GB showed as 130GB by Windows XP SP3

The Os should see 149.1 GB on a 160GB Hard drive. So that doesn't explain
why he only sees 130.

Hi,
thanks for the answers.

1) Analyzing the issue ad SO level, I have upgraded to XP SP3...
Forum: General February 11th 09, 07:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Alessandro
Acer Travelmate laptop: broken expansion ram slot ??

Hi all,

I have an Acer Travelmate 8006 LMI laptop and I have done a ram upgrade into
expansion slot. Result: it doesn't turn on, hard disk led flashes for some
milliseconds and stops.
Of course...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9