Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: apyankeefan
Forum: General July 2nd 08, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By apyankeefan
HP Pavillion zv5000 Power issue

On Jul 1, 7:06*pm, kony wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:22:33 -0400, Paul
wrote:

apyankeefan wrote:
Hey everyone.
Forum: General July 1st 08, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By apyankeefan
HP Pavillion zv5000 Power issue

Hey everyone.

I have an HP Pavillion zv5000 notebook computer. It's been fine for a
while, but now it won't turn on. I've done some research and I have
found that it may be the power jack that needs...
Forum: General December 14th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By apyankeefan
HP Pavilion DV6000 Laptop Hard Drive

On Dec 13, 10:20 pm, Paul wrote:
apyankeefan wrote:
Hey Guys..I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 with a 120GB hard drive in it.
I am starting to do a little music recording,...
Forum: General December 14th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By apyankeefan
HP Pavilion DV6000 Laptop Hard Drive

Hey Guys..I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 with a 120GB hard drive in it.
I am starting to do a little music recording, and my hard drive isn't
fast enough. 7200 rpm's is the recommended speed for what I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 11th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By apyankeefan
are ASUS boards good for hard use???

Hey, yes ASUS motherboards are great, and they can take the ware and
tare. I have built many computers with ASUS motherboards, and a few
gaming PC's with them, and have had great luck with all of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 06, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By apyankeefan
Installing OS

Should be no problem at all, just use the windows disk to reformat the
partition that has xp on it, and go for a clean install. You'll be
happy, just make sure you have the drivers for your ethernet,...
Forum: General August 17th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Pro

Thanks, I'll give that a try!
kony wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:47:26 GMT, (Gerard
Bok) wrote:

On 16 Aug 2006 11:20:53 -0700, "apyankeefan"
Forum: Dell Computers August 17th 06, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By apyankeefan
Inspiron 1150 Backlight Replacement

This could almost be worth a trip to e-bay, if you don't want to do the
hard work yourself. I found them for about 150, but It would probably
be fun to try and fix it! But if you are unsucessful, you...
Forum: Dell Computers August 17th 06, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By apyankeefan
Dell Orders delayed at least a week ???

Did you have anything special put into your PC, maybe their out of gfx
cards, or batteries, i mean CPU's, hopefully you'll get it sooner. But
sounds like they don't have something they need to put...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 06, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By apyankeefan
Hard disk

You should beable to, seeing that partions show up as seprate drives.
You could try it. Use a program to format the partitions beforehand. I
would recomend partion magic, you can download a free...
Forum: General August 17th 06, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Pro

Ohhhh, I see, so If I remove the partition, then install windows 2000,
on the blank, reformatted partition, The setup shouldn't ask me for
floppies. Because if that were the case, it would be...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Pro

I don't believe so, When I try to install it, it says it need 4
floppies, and If I try and install it from the CD, I am unable to
because I have XP on it, and it says the install feature of this...
Forum: Dell Computers August 16th 06, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Pro

I know that it's bootable, but then you have to make floppies from it!
Ghostrider wrote:
apyankeefan wrote:

Okay, Here is the deal

I want to Install Windows 2000 Pro on my laptop, and...
Forum: Dell Computers August 16th 06, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Pro

Okay, Here is the deal

I want to Install Windows 2000 Pro on my laptop, and take off XP, due
to the fact that my laptop only has 192MB of ram, which makes it super
slow. The problem is my laptop has...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Pro

Okay, Here is the deal

I want to Install Windows 2000 Pro on my laptop, and take off XP, due
to the fact that my laptop only has 192MB of ram, which makes it super
slow. The problem is my laptop has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 16th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By apyankeefan
Temp

Yeah, mine runs at about 40 idle, and 50 to 60 under load. This is due
to the fact that I overclock, but that's much to hot to run.
JAD wrote:
"Agent_C" wrote in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 16th 06, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By apyankeefan
Dull Beeping Sound

Eh, well 450 watts is cutting it close for a CPU, a decent graphics
card, 2hard drives a DVD drive, and powering the mobo. Try 500 to 600,
I'm using a 500 for a Intel Pentium D, 2DVD Drives, the...
Forum: Dell Computers August 16th 06, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 43
Posted By apyankeefan
Windows 2000 Advanced Server Won't Work RIght On Dell Dimension 3000

Don't try to use a demsion bDESKTOPb as a server, use a
bSERVERb as a server. Even the "retards" know that DIP ****.

Your not very nice, calling people retarded that are trying to help...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By apyankeefan
Looking for a small laptop harddisk

Here is a 20GB Seagate for $34 Refurb

I've bought from here many times, and all products have worked

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ST92811A-R&cat=HDD

Check it out, they've got a lot of...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 06:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By apyankeefan
video card Duel monitor help

I'm not gonna help you, because you don't even know how to spell.

Your Welcome
Allen Stalker
wrote:
My frined has a grafix card (nvidia 6800) with bothe as analog out and
a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 16th 06, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By apyankeefan
Dull Beeping Sound

Well, that's good, and you will like that cooler a lot! Here's a link
to the place where I bought...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 16th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By apyankeefan
Only 232GB

How come in my BIOS it shows 250 gb, but when I boot to windows, I only
have 232, is that just like you're explaining?
Rod Speed wrote:
Wrong, as always.

DaveW wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 15th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By apyankeefan
Dell Inspiron Ram

Haha, I guess I waited to long to find out!

Hopefully they'll get more back in

Thanks for the answers guys!

Allen Stalker
Conor wrote:
In article...
Forum: General August 14th 06, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By apyankeefan
Inspiron 4000 Ram

Thanks! I think that the one chip in here is double sided, and fits
okay. But i'll take the bottom off, and check again!
pen wrote:
"apyankeefan" wrote in message
Forum: General August 14th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By apyankeefan
Inspiron 4000 Ram

Hey guys, I've got an old laptop here, a Dell Inspiron 4000. And I need
to put ram in It. Many of you guys will say crucial.com, but I've...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26