Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 2.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Palindrome
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors December 18th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 14
Posted By Palindrome
[UK] What value this used 2800+ Sepron PC I saw?

andrew wrote:
I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay
and I couldn't get a price match.

What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 6th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 1
Posted By Palindrome
Aria (DSA) Returns

Hugh wrote:
Hi
I want to return something I bought last week to Aria for refund under
Distance selling Regulation as it is less than 7 days old and is in original
sent condition. Anyone...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors July 16th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 5
Posted By Palindrome
amazon selling email addresses??

Mike Scott wrote:
I generally use a unique email address for vendor accounts, and amazon
is no exception. I also always mark accounts to the effect of 'no ad
emails, no passing on address' -...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors May 28th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 8
Posted By Palindrome
PC Security Thoughts (Hardware)

Mike wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:07:32 GMT, Palindrome wrote:

Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors May 20th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 8
Posted By Palindrome
PC Security Thoughts (Hardware)

Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors April 10th 08, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 4
Posted By Palindrome
Thoughts on hdisk dates from ebuyer

Mike wrote:
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:55:27 GMT, Palindrome wrote:

Mike wrote:
Advice/thoughts please. Ordered 3 western digital 750Gb harddrives
from ebuyer last...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors April 9th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors

Mike wrote:
Advice/thoughts please. Ordered 3 western digital 750Gb harddrives
from ebuyer last week (£300) all have a manufacturing date of
December 2007. Topically hdisks are not so...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors March 16th 08, 10:00 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 2
Posted By Palindrome
Buying software online? No on!

johannes wrote:
Isn't that annoying that it has now become commonplace that you only get 1 year
subscription. Even worse, the vendors hide in the small print that they will
automatically...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 12th 08, 08:08 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Palindrome
Remote power control of PC, on/off, by dial-up modem or by IP

James Harris wrote:
On 11 Mar, 15:05, Palindrome wrote:
James Harris wrote:
On 10 Mar, 01:01, Palindrome wrote:
James Harris wrote:
I'd like...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

James Harris wrote:
On 10 Mar, 01:01, Palindrome wrote:
James Harris wrote:
I'd like to be able to leave a PC in a remote location knowing I can
get back control if...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 08, 01:01 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

James Harris wrote:
I'd like to be able to leave a PC in a remote location knowing I can
get back control if the worst happens and it locks up. Basically I may
want to power cycle the PC so am...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors February 25th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-vista
Replies: 13
Posted By Palindrome
Contact details for nightmare problem with Komplett?

John D wrote:
On Mon 25 Feb 2008 11:46:18, Gazwad
wrote:

Forget about the company for a moment.
You need to sort out what the problem is.
Have you...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors February 17th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Palindrome
Advice on pixmania

Dan wrote:
I bought a scanner from Pixmania

It arrived without a uk plug so i cant use it. i went out and bought my own
and the scanner is DOA.

I have told pixmania to collect it and...
Forum: General February 16th 08, 09:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 18
Posted By Palindrome
Update: failed dvd drive photos

Kevin F Stubbs wrote:
If you buy (expensive) labels and cover them in (expensive) inkjet ink,
then take a lot of time to stick them on, very carefully aligning them..

Only to find that,...
Forum: General February 16th 08, 09:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 18
Posted By Palindrome
Update: failed dvd drive photos

Miles Bader wrote:
Kevin F Stubbs writes:
Just get a printer that can print directly onto them. Inkjet
printable blank disks are no longer significantly more...
Forum: General February 16th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 18
Posted By Palindrome
Update: failed dvd drive photos

James wrote:
"Kevin F Stubbs" wrote in message
From memory it looks like a IDE interface but I could very well be...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors October 29th 07, 11:16 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 3
Posted By Palindrome
Get a refund?

Alan Stanley wrote:
On 24 Sep, 09:34, Palindrome wrote:
DerekBaker wrote:
Received a graphics card on 2 Sept. Went back immediately due to a
fault. Received it back 10...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 24th 07, 10:34 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 3
Posted By Palindrome
Get a refund?

DerekBaker wrote:
Received a graphics card on 2 Sept. Went back immediately due to a
fault. Received it back 10 Sept.

Now it's failed completely. Would prefer a refund. Would this be likely...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 18th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 2
Posted By Palindrome
Too late to return?

DerekBaker wrote:
Received an X1950GT on 2 Sept. Was returned on 5 Sept. Repaired, and
returned to me 10 Sept.

Now discover what I thought was a problem with my preceding card, is
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 18th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 3
Posted By Palindrome
DABS invoices

wrote:
How do you get an invoice out of DABS these days?

Tried ringing. Tried pressing the button for e-mail invoice on the
item in my account. No joy.

Used to be that...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 6th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 14
Posted By Palindrome
Ebuyer - wtf?

DerekBaker wrote:
* Palindrome:
DerekBaker wrote:
Returned a new graphic card to ebuyer yesterday. The bracket was bent
so the card could not be installed.

Today they tell me...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 6th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 14
Posted By Palindrome
Ebuyer - wtf?

DerekBaker wrote:
Returned a new graphic card to ebuyer yesterday. The bracket was bent so
the card could not be installed.

Today they tell me that the fault can not be replicated and...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 4th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 6
Posted By Palindrome
Ebuyer replacement delivery

DerekBaker wrote:
* DerekBaker:
Am receiving a replacement graphics card from Ebuyer. Will it use a
similar (expensive) delivery method to the original package or a
slower and for them...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors June 6th 07, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 19
Posted By Palindrome
Negative exprience : Dabs Refund

wrote:
snip
A further update from the OP

Dabs had the unit collected yesterday.

As I had also raised the matter with Trading Standards. Today I was
Forum: UK Computer Vendors June 5th 07, 08:51 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 19
Posted By Palindrome
Negative exprience : Dabs Refund

News Reader wrote: