Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Benjamin Gawert
Forum: Dell Computers December 2nd 11, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Will Dell Precision T7500 Support Lower Power Xeons L-Series?

On 11/10/2011 05:02, * W:
The data sheet for the Dell Precision Workstation T7500 Indicates
compatibilty with these series for Intel processors:

- X56xx
- E56xx

Does anyone know if this...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 9th 10, 07:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
what was fastest AGP card?

On 06.09.2010 03:43, * Orson Cart:
I have been given several workstations that are a few
years old. They are still quite useful (heaps of RAM, RAID SATA,
low-noise power supplies...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 6th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
what was fastest AGP card?

Am 06.09.2010 12:09, * Man-wai Chang:

Nvidia didn't release anything AGP after 6600GT.

So the Geforce 7600GS AGP I have on one of my older computers doesn't
exist then? ;-)

The fastest Nvidia...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 2nd 10, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update)Vista 32 Bit

Am 02.09.2010 02:43, * Stephen H. Fischer:

I still cannot understand:

But WHY does Windows Update offer a update that causes a BSOD?

It offers a driver that happen to cause a BSOD on your...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 19th 10, 09:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
pcie 2.0

Am 17.08.2010 09:04, * Jack Simms:

question .. can a PCIe 2.0 card be installed on a mobo that is only
listed to take PCIe .. presumably 1.0 ?

Yes, they can. The only exception to this were...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 17th 10, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 7
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Trying to get NVIDIA GEorce256 DVI to work

Am 17.08.2010 07:57, * Paul:
So why does that LeadTek software have what looks like
a 1-of-N selector ? Is this a function of the OS being used
or something ?

Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 17th 10, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 7
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Trying to get NVIDIA GEorce256 DVI to work

Am 17.08.2010 07:57, * Paul:

So why does that LeadTek software have what looks like
a 1-of-N selector ? Is this a function of the OS being used
or something ?

Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 17th 10, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 7
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Trying to get NVIDIA GEorce256 DVI to work

Am 17.08.2010 00:31, * Paul:

I think you're right. The Geforce256 isn't a dual head GPU.

Of course it is a dual-head capable GPU. I have used several Geforce256
cards in dual monitor...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 15th 10, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 10
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
AMD Turion 64 and Windows 7

* Xavi:

Then the Upgrade Advisor has probably problems detecting your CPU
correctly.

What could it be due to? Misconfiguration of my computer?

Probably more due to a problem with the...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 14th 10, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 10
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
AMD Turion 64 and Windows 7

* Xavi:

Yes, it was in power saving mode. After your first answer I changed it
to "High Performance" and ran again the upgrade advisor and it kept
saying 'CPU speed 800 MHz'.

Then the Upgrade...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 13th 10, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 10
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
AMD Turion 64 and Windows 7

On 13/06/2010 17:10, * Xavi:
I'm the owner of a notebook Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A1667EX with a AMD
Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 processor.
After several tries and a BIOS upgrade, I've...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 13th 10, 02:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 10
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
AMD Turion 64 and Windows 7

On 13/06/2010 13:34, * Xavi:

I'm the owner of a notebook Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A1667EX with a AMD
Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 processor.
After several tries and a BIOS upgrade, I've...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 10, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
W2k on new hardware?

Am 18.05.2010 20:21, * Puddin' Man:

Why not flush 10 years of accumulated programs, data, etc etc? I'm not
gonna answer that question. :-)

What makes you think that upgrading to a new OS means...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 19th 10, 09:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
I WANT A FRIGGIN GTX295!!!

Am 18.05.2010 21:57, * Rob:

I'm an engineer, not a game player, damnit!

So why are you looking at gaming cards then?

My current machine has a
humble yet lovable FX5900 agp4x in it and I'm...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 18th 10, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
W2k on new hardware?

Am 17.05.2010 04:25, * Puddin' Man:

I've been dragging my W2k system fromthis hardware tothat hardware
for near 10 years now.

[snip]

So I figgered something similar should be practical...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 13th 10, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Need help with picking a video card for Dimension 8200

Am 12.05.2010 22:48, * Larry:
Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb winxp
sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new system.Not
much of a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 6th 10, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 29.03.2010 00:59, * Steve:

Aww, throw the fanboi some crumbs. Pickings for Nvidia are mighty slim
since the ATI 5000 series came out.

Indeed, Nvidia probably shouldn't have killed the GTX...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 6th 10, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 06.04.2010 12:02, * Peter Dassow:

Generally, no matter what gfx card you buy, you can expect that all
of them work fine with games and other applications. If it doesn't
then this is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 5th 10, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 01.04.2010 12:17, * Peter Dassow:

yes, I would agree with you that also some nVdidia driver versions
failed. But... my last expirience was related with an ATI 5770 and
really annoying...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 31st 10, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Pfusch auf der Downloadseite

Am 31.03.2010 07:41, * Jochen Bach:
Hallo NG,
mir ist aufgefallen, dass auf der Downloadseite
(http://www.nvidia.de/Download/index.aspx?lang=de)
gepfuscht wurde.

Es ist Dir aber nicht...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 30th 10, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Videp Card For Windows Apps--Ben InSide

Am 30.03.2010 21:05, * goldy:
I Have A New Sapphire Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB DDR4 I Never Used, Do You
Think It Would Be A Equal In Performance To The X1900.

You originally wrote:
"I Use Windows...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 30th 10, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
Videp Card For Windows Apps

Am 28.03.2010 13:17, * goldy:
I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
AIW X1900 At This Time...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 29th 10, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 28.03.2010 21:16, * Peter Dassow:

So just buy 3 and an ATI card. What's the problem ? If your decision is
for ATI, fine. I will go with nVidia for another reason: Because I made
negative...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 29th 10, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 28.03.2010 21:16, * Peter Dassow:

So just buy 3 and an ATI card. What's the problem ? If your decision is
for ATI, fine. I will go with nVidia for another reason: Because I made
negative...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 28th 10, 11:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Benjamin Gawert
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 28.03.2010 09:52, * Peter Dassow:

Not all users need 3 monitors (and you have to pay for 3 monitors also,
that's usually not a gift).
Also, GTX 470 and GTX480 scales a lot of better for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500