Showing results 1 to 25 of 171
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DevilsPGD[_3_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 10, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

In message

shegeek72 was claimed to have wrote:

On Jan 14, 9:13*am, Larc ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 10, 05:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

In message

shegeek72 was claimed to have wrote:

I keep hearing this. However, I've read that Win7 is...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 11th 10, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard: can I upgrade to 8 GB of RAM?

In message
was claimed to have wrote:

The remote control is what did me in. That thing wrote directly to BIOS to
set up...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 7th 10, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard: can I upgrade to 8 GB of RAM?

In message
"William" was claimed to have wrote:

I left that mobo on for months at a time, allowing for cold reboots...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 7th 10, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 84
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Upgrading Windows 98

In message 98 Guy was claimed
to have wrote:

And if Microsoft's new OS is version 6.1, why are they calling it
"Windows 7" ?

Do you actually want to know,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 6th 10, 07:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard: can I upgrade to 8 GB of RAM?

In message
was claimed to have wrote:

Hi, 3 years ago I purchased an assembled PC with Asus P5W DH Deluxe
motherboard with two...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 84
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Upgrading Windows 98

In message 98 Guy was claimed
to have wrote:

Meanwhile, you can hang a win-98 system directly on the net, no firewall
or nat-router, and nothing can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 84
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Upgrading Windows 98

In message km was
claimed to have wrote:

What a pointless response. You have no idea what software may be
affected. In the case I quote the software...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
What should I look for in Core 2 Duo for significant speed jump over 2.4 gig P4?

In message "Dave C."
was claimed to have wrote:

Intel makes fantastic quality CPUs. What they need to make is
fantastic quality...
Forum: General December 24th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Why Widescreen?

In message kony
was claimed to have wrote:

It is generally accepted that once the # of characters per
line go beyond a certain amount...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 23rd 09, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
What should I look for in Core 2 Duo for significant speed jump over 2.4 gig P4?

In message "Dave C."
was claimed to have wrote:

CPU and GPU on the same die isn't particularly difficult to
accomplish, but it's...
Forum: General December 23rd 09, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Why Widescreen?

In message "GT"
was claimed to have wrote:

"William" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 09, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
What should I look for in Core 2 Duo for significant speed jump over 2.4 gig P4?

In message "Dave C."
was claimed to have wrote:

On a side note, the days of the CPU are numbered. GPUs are getting
so...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 21st 09, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

was claimed to have wrote:

On a side note, the days of the CPU are numbered. GPUs are getting so
powerful,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 21st 09, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Poor Newegg Review For Gigabyte PS Gets Funny Response From Manufacturer

In message "Dave C."
was claimed to have wrote:

I think it is wrong to put the power supply in the bottom of an ATX
case. ...
Forum: General December 21st 09, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34

was claimed to have wrote:

I think it is wrong to put the power supply in the bottom of an ATX
case. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Windows 7 - "GAMING MODE"

In message Toolpackinmama
was claimed to have wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote:

Killing the Sidebar/Widget system probably isn't a bad...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Windows 7 - "GAMING MODE"

In message Toolpackinmama
was claimed to have wrote:

Michael wrote:

THE QUESTION: Anyone know how I can disable Windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Poor Newegg Review For Gigabyte PS Gets Funny Response From Manufacturer

In message ShadowTek

On 2009-12-19, Dave C. wrote:

I think it is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Poor Newegg Review For Gigabyte PS Gets Funny Response From Manufacturer

In message "Dave C."
was claimed to have wrote:

Gigabyte was right to bitch about the design of your case.
Unfortunately, Gigabyte...
Forum: General December 20th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

was claimed to have wrote:

Gigabyte was right to bitch about the design of your case.
Unfortunately, Gigabyte...
Forum: General December 20th 09, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Poor Newegg Review For Gigabyte PS Gets Funny Response From Manufacturer

In message Grinder
was claimed to have wrote:

On 12/18/2009 8:57 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:
*shrugs* Gigabyte is currently on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 09, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_3_]
Windows 7 - "GAMING MODE"

In message

Michael was claimed to have wrote:

On Dec 19, 11:04*am, Toolpackinmama ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 09, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt