Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Outback Jon
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 5th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Outback Jon
K8N audio problem

RR wrote:
I have a K8n motherboard with the Realtec AC97 audio controller, but
rear black ports doesn;t seem to wanna work. All the auido levels and
balances seem to be centered in the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 8th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Outback Jon
backwards video cards

DaveW wrote:
That would result in too long of a circuit trace on the motherboard for the
video signal and result in timing errors.

Are you really this ignorant?

--
"Outback" Jon - ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 3rd 08, 11:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

wrote:

The only thing i have not tried is installing the latest driver for
this graphics card. I did not do it because win xp installs the
appropriate driver...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 14th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 15
Posted By Outback Jon
nVidia 8800 card is used to crack passwords

Madoc Owain wrote:
I have a Beowulf cluster of 8800 GPUs.. unfortunately, my home has now
been zoned as an airport and I'm permanently deaf.

Seriously though, when I was running SETI@Home,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 13th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Outback Jon
A8N-SLI Deluxe - Opteron BIOS?

pc wrote:
Ahem. I rolled back the video driver, and the "CRT invalid display
type" error was from ati2mtag. And, let's fix a typo, "NOW Cool and
Quiet is working ok."

Only a 5% overclock. ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Outback Jon
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
Weird numbers. Is this is in any way meaningful? :)

Regards, Patrick.

I would think that numbers that are so ridiculously high above what
*any* monitor is capable of...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 30th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
Weird numbers. Is this is in any way meaningful? :)

Regards, Patrick.

I would think that numbers that are so ridiculously high above what
*any* monitor is capable of...
Forum: Matrox Videocards December 30th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 32

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
Weird numbers. Is this is in any way meaningful? :)

Regards, Patrick.

I would think that numbers that are so ridiculously high above what
*any* monitor is capable of...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Outback Jon
8800 series

Timelord wrote:
Are the 8800 range of cards only DX10 compatible as i am going to build a
new high end system but want to stay with Win XP operating system.

I ask this as www.scan.co.uk...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 16th 07, 08:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Outback Jon
Using nvidia 7300gt for dual monitors

Dick_Carlson wrote:
I've got the Nvidia 7300GT, and I'd like to run two monitors on it.
There is one VGA plug, and one DVI plug. But I can't seem to get it
to see both -- am I missing...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 27th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Outback Jon
Dual Monitors on SLI rig

Kevin Weaver wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message
I have 2 8800GTSs in SLI and am getting a new monitor this week and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 26th 07, 11:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Outback Jon
K8V-VM: Cool, but not quiet

Doing some additional research, involving rebooting my computer, I think
part of your problem may be that Cool-n-Quiet doesn't seem to be
designed to adjust the fan speed. Some Asus motherboards...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 26th 07, 11:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Outback Jon
K8V-VM: Cool, but not quiet

Peter Simonsen wrote:
I have cool'n'quiet enabled in bios + installed driver + utility + power
scheme, and I can see from the utility, that it works like it should,
i.e. increases and...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 7th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Outback Jon
Brand new Nvidia card will not recognise 2nd monitor

wrote:
Got a brand new MSI NX7300 LE (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE), and can not
get a 2nd monitor to diplay in Display Settings.

Problem seems to be the DVI port, which is...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 4th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Outback Jon
Cannot Instal Windows 64

wrote:
On 3-Nov-2007, Outback Jon wrote:

Use your arrow keys to select the drive you with to have boot first,
then use the + or - key...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 3rd 07, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Outback Jon
Cannot Instal Windows 64

wrote:
Then in the page called "BOOT" there is another couple pages,
one called "Hard Drives" .... again, no option in there to specify which
harddrive boots.

What you...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 24th 07, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Outback Jon
Cannot Instal Windows 64

old man wrote:
So you have a 64 win version, does your hardware support 64, are 64 bit
drivers available?
Is your software optimised for 64bit, is it even optimised for multi core?
A 64 amd...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 5th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Outback Jon
test

wrote:

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07363/Failure.jpg
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 07, 11:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By Outback Jon
Please don't laugh

DMP wrote:

Will there be problems with the native driver that WinXP installs or do you
recommend a specific driver that is stable for such an old card? I don't
have a clue what WinXP will do...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 10th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Outback Jon
162.22 causing........................

housetrained wrote:
MB P5N32-E SLI Plus. Graphics EN8500 GT Silent.
OK, bought a second EN8500 GT Silent and installed it connected the
umbilical and set the nVidia control panel to 2 cards.
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 5th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Outback Jon
A8N-SLI SE nforce drivers

The A8N uses the nForce4 chipset.

So, the nForce4/nForce 500 Series AMD would be the ones you want.

--
"Outback" Jon - KC2BNE

AMD Opteron 146 ) and 6.1 GHz...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 07, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 25
Posted By Outback Jon
Today, I did something stupid.

Gorby wrote:
Craig Sutton wrote:
Not just today but everyday

OK! I've been reading these forums for ages, and have heard of "kill
files". How do I set one up, so that I never have to see...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 3rd 07, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26

Gorby wrote:
Craig Sutton wrote:
Not just today but everyday

OK! I've been reading these forums for ages, and have heard of "kill
files". How do I set one up, so that I never have to see...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 11th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Outback Jon
Dual Channel Question

Dagger wrote:
Do both memory sticks have to be the same manufacturer or just the same size
(ie 1G per stick)
This is for a P4C800 Deluxe
Thanks

They should be the same size and same...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 07, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 88
Posted By Outback Jon
Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 in a COMA !

daytripper wrote:

He's clearly a juvenile space cadet. And not in a good way.

I'm just curious, how could "juvenile space cadet" be construed in a
good way????

--
"Outback" Jon - ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41