Showing results 1 to 25 of 166
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fishface[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 3rd 15, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
[fw] AMD Sued for Overestimating APU Success to Investors

Larc wrote:

So AMD is getting sued because their crystal ball wasn't working very well? It seems
smart investors would rely on sources in addition to those at the company they are
investing...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 25th 14, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Need advice on a new computer

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

OK, a quick look at the DVD shows that they are all VOB files. some
time ago I copied them to my hard drive, and attempted to rename them
all in date order, but that's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 14, 02:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Need advice on a new computer

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

My old build is 5 years old, and it's fine for everything I do except
video editing. I have 2 DVDs of video.... sent many many 8mm rolls off
to the lab and had it all...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 15th 13, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Western Digital RMA?

Davej wrote:

Had three WD drives die in the past year and finally noticed that two of
them were still under the factory warranty,
so now what are they going to send me? New drives?...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 18th 13, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Samsung 85" 3800x2600 UHDTV Ready to Delivery

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 4/13/2013 4:08 PM, Red Cloud wrote:
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/49264/samsung-s9-4k-price-south-korea

WOW! Korean again. Why Korean make this? Why not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 12, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Why am I missing multi-socketed CPU MB, already?

Flasherly wrote:

Even money suggests, at the very least I'm going to bet it that way on
the long run, while I'm running these two aforementioned programs,
which I do extensively, just not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 12, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
LARGE DVD burning

Grinder wrote:

Obviously you need a Blu-ray writer than can burn dual-layered discs, but other than that, practically any contemporary PC will
do. Here's one such burner for $70:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 20th 12, 05:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
What's the cheapest OS upgrade?

John Doe

Is it easy as Macrium Reflect? Can you see the archive's file
structure, like in Windows Explorer? Can you copy and paste, and
drag-and-drop? Macrium Reflect allows those operations...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 3rd 12, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Wanted: Cheap dual core (or mote) desktop PC.

I'm sure shipping across the pond will be inexpensive,
since they were going there anyway.
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards March 8th 12, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Looking For Significantly-Faster Setup

PeteCresswell wrote: Sounds to me like I should drop this for now.

To wit:

- What I was trolling for was some super-new development
in mobos/CPUs that rendered my current setup...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 12, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
the RaspberryPi surge crashes vender sites :-)

hp wrote:

And that's just plain cool

The RaspberryPi was offered for retail sale today and interest promptly
crashed the venders sites.

I, for one, had to find-out what it even is. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 29th 12, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Computer speaker recommendations.

Ant wrote:
Were those Cambridge SoundWorks?

Nope, Creative I-Trigue 2200.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00067KRTG

Problem noted in reviews. I bought them for the inlaws.
Forum: General February 29th 12, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19

Ant wrote:
Were those Cambridge SoundWorks?

Nope, Creative I-Trigue 2200.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00067KRTG

Problem noted in reviews. I bought them for the inlaws.
Forum: General February 27th 12, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Computer speaker recommendations.

Don Phillipson wrote:

Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers may be the best under $200.
Mine cost $90 in 2007 and are still unmatched.

The last Creative speakers I bought had crap...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 12, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Don Phillipson wrote:

Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers may be the best under $200.
Mine cost $90 in 2007 and are still unmatched.

The last Creative speakers I bought had crap...
Forum: Overclocking February 15th 12, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Need opinion on asrock z68 pro3-m and gskill sniper rig

I have 4 x 4GB Zalman Black DDR3 1600 and they are tall. I had to raise
the fan a bit on the Coolermaster. At first I didn't know the plastic fan
holder slid up and was bummed! I see the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 26th 12, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Laptop with eSata?

Davej wrote:

Anyone using a laptop with eSata? I am beginning to think that is what
I want.

How about USB 3 instead? It has the speed you need and you probably
don't need no stinkin' ACPI...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 11, 03:00 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows-xp
Replies: 33
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Any utility that will tell me what program or service is accessing the hard drive?

XP Guy wrote:

Is there any utility or program that can tell me what's accessing the
drive?

The old Systernals Filemon has been replaced by Process Monitor, it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 11, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Price of HDD

Paul wrote:

Flood in Thailand. Try to keep up :-)

And a little magnet metal market manipulation going on, too...

www.dailytech.com/China+Cuts+Off+Worlds+Rare+Earth+Metal+Supply/article23069.htm
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 30th 11, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Replies: 16
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
PC Parts from China

John Doe wrote:

Communist Chinese slave labor is a bad thing.

My new Asrock motherboard was only designed in Taipei and
made in China. I was bummed when I saw that.

I went to Ace Hardware to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 11, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Computer looks like a car!

This came up when I searched for windows 7 professional
at Frys.com:

http://www.frys.com/product/6678554

Not as fast as it looks, though...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 17th 11, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Building your own computer

whitneyl wrote:

Good Advice. By State of the Art and Superfast, I simply mean i want
a machine that will last a long time without the need to buy another
machine in few years. I like the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 16th 11, 04:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Building your own computer

I'm thinking that English cannot be your native language.
I suspect you learned from listening and not reading, because
you sometimes substitute words which sound similar, but
have a different...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 11, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Building your own computer

I'm sorry, Flasherly but I stopped trying to read your posts
a while ago. Google's translation services don't yet offer a
Flasherly unobfuscator. Too much effort is required. I have
trouble with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 11, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Fishface[_2_]
Building your own computer

whitneyl wrote:

How hard (or easy) is it to build your own super fast state of the art
computer?

It's a heck of a lot easier than it used to be. You can't beat the price
on a low-end purchased...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 166