Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jack Bruss
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By Jack Bruss
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

I just built a new computer, and when I turn it on, it turns off in about 4
seconds. I hear a longish beep, and all 4 fans in the system are turning
before the whole thing shuts down. There is no...
Forum: General December 15th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By Jack Bruss
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

I just built a new computer, and when I turn it on, it turns off in about 4
seconds. I hear a longish beep, and all 4 fans in the system are turning
before the whole thing shuts down. There is no...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 06, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Bruss
Newly Built Computer Won't stay on

I just built a new computer, and when I turn it on, it stops after 4
seconds. The drive light goes on, the power light goes on, all 4 fans in
the system (CPU, Power supply, case front and back)...
Forum: General December 8th 06, 10:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Jack Bruss
Laptop Display Question

"shockwa" wrote in message
Since the display is the most important option to your wife, my advise
would be to visit a...
Forum: General December 8th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Jack Bruss
Laptop Display Question

My wife and I just made a deal - I upgrade my desktop and she gets a laptop.
So, now, as I have just ordered my upgrade components from Newegg, I am
researching laptops. I've got a good idea of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 06, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"Dave" wrote in message

Any comments on the Motherboard (ASUS M2N-MX Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce
6100...
Forum: General December 7th 06, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"Dave" wrote in message

Any comments on the Motherboard (ASUS M2N-MX Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce
6100...
Forum: General December 7th 06, 02:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:14:08 GMT, "Jack Bruss"
wrote:

Ok - How about this? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 06, 02:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:14:08 GMT, "Jack Bruss"
wrote:

Ok - How about this? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"Mike T." wrote in message

"Jack Bruss" wrote in message
Forum: General December 7th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"Mike T." wrote in message

"Jack Bruss" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 06, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

Any comments on the following setup? All prices are Newegg, some after mail
in rebates.
Case - Raidmax Sagittia mid tower w/ 450 Watt power supply - $79
Mb - Asus M2N SLI Deluxe socket AM2 $142
CPU...
Forum: General December 6th 06, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

Any comments on the following setup? All prices are Newegg, some after mail
in rebates.
Case - Raidmax Sagittia mid tower w/ 450 Watt power supply - $79
Mb - Asus M2N SLI Deluxe socket AM2 $142
CPU...
Forum: General December 6th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"Yeff" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:17:40 GMT, Jack Bruss wrote:

I'm thinking of something like an Athlon 64 3500+...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"Yeff" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:17:40 GMT, Jack Bruss wrote:

I'm thinking of something like an Athlon 64 3500+...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"KC Computers" wrote in message
I'm going to build a new computer for myself and I'm looking for some
advice. I currently...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

"KC Computers" wrote in message
I'm going to build a new computer for myself and I'm looking for some
advice. I currently...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

I'm going to build a new computer for myself and I'm looking for some
advice. I currently have an Enlight 7237 atx medium tower case, Asus A7N8X
mb with AMD xp 2500 cpu, 2x256 DDR3 pc 2700 memory,...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Jack Bruss
New PC to Build

I'm going to build a new computer for myself and I'm looking for some
advice. I currently have an Enlight 7237 atx medium tower case, Asus A7N8X
mb with AMD xp 2500 cpu, 2x256 DDR3 pc 2700 memory,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 18th 06, 12:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 37
Posted By Jack Bruss
New Computer Build

"CBFalconer" wrote in message
*** rude top-posting corrected ***
Fred wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Jack Bruss...
Forum: General November 18th 06, 12:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Jack Bruss
New Computer Build

"CBFalconer" wrote in message
*** rude top-posting corrected ***
Fred wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Jack Bruss...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 17th 06, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 37
Posted By Jack Bruss
New Computer Build

We're looking for a low cost system - I'm thinking around $300 - $400.

"Paul" wrote in message
Jack Bruss wrote:
I want to build a...
Forum: General November 17th 06, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Jack Bruss
New Computer Build

We're looking for a low cost system - I'm thinking around $300 - $400.

"Paul" wrote in message
Jack Bruss wrote:
I want to build a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 17th 06, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 37
Posted By Jack Bruss
New Computer Build

I want to build a new computer for my father in law. He now has a 7 or 8
year old Best Buy something or other. The monitor, speakers, and keyboard
are ok, so we just need to get him a new system...
Forum: General November 17th 06, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt