Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 06, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Cooler Master CAC-T05 Case Question

Mike T. wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
Is anyone using the Cooler Master CAC-T05 case? I just built a system
with
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 06, 05:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Wife's Computer Won't Start -- Any Ideas?

jim evans wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:00:18 +0000, Shep© wrote:

Thanks for replying.

Cheap option 1st.Buy and replace the CMOS battery.Usually a 2032 and
you can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Well, guys - I have to confess that I have found the problem and am
totally embarrassed. This is the 6th or 7th computer I've built in the
past 8 years, but the first with a PSU power...
Forum: General December 17th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Well, guys - I have to confess that I have found the problem and am
totally embarrassed. This is the 6th or 7th computer I've built in the
past 8 years, but the first with a PSU power...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Jan Alter wrote:
wrote in message

Jan Alter wrote:
CPU - AMD|A64 X2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Jan Alter wrote:
wrote in message

Jan Alter wrote:
CPU - AMD|A64 X2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

wrote:
Jan Alter wrote:
CPU - AMD|A64 X2 3800+ AM2 2x512K R

If the PS is decent I would be thinking at minimum of 300 w to power the rig
with the processor you...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
Jan Alter wrote:
CPU - AMD|A64 X2 3800+ AM2 2x512K R

If the PS is decent I would be thinking at minimum of 300 w to power the rig
with the processor you...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Jan Alter wrote:
CPU - AMD|A64 X2 3800+ AM2 2x512K R

If the PS is decent I would be thinking at minimum of 300 w to power the rig
with the processor you have. I'd be dubious that you could...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Jan Alter wrote:
CPU - AMD|A64 X2 3800+ AM2 2x512K R

If the PS is decent I would be thinking at minimum of 300 w to power the rig
with the processor you have. I'd be dubious that you could...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.xpcgear.com/20to24pinatx.html

But check to see if that old PS you found in the basement would have
enough watts to power up your board if you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.xpcgear.com/20to24pinatx.html

But check to see if that old PS you found in the basement would have
enough watts to power up your board if you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 02:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

It is true, LED connectors being reversed polarity wouldn't
in itself cause this, but wrong connector block wiring,
particularly to one of the OEM or (more elaborate new cases
with several...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 02:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

It is true, LED connectors being reversed polarity wouldn't
in itself cause this, but wrong connector block wiring,
particularly to one of the OEM or (more elaborate new cases
with several...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Robert Heiling wrote:
wrote:

OSbandito wrote:
Robert Heiling wrote:

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I'll toss this out. Double-check your wiring job...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Robert Heiling wrote:
wrote:

OSbandito wrote:
Robert Heiling wrote:

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I'll toss this out. Double-check your wiring job...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

OSbandito wrote:
Robert Heiling wrote:

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I'll toss this out. Double-check your wiring job in regard to the power-on and reset buttons and motherboard pins....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

OSbandito wrote:
Robert Heiling wrote:

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I'll toss this out. Double-check your wiring job in regard to the power-on and reset buttons and motherboard pins....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

kony wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:20:53 -0700, "RussellS"
rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace"dot"with"." wrote:

MB - ASUS M2N-MX GF6100 AM2
MEM - 1G|OCZ DII800 OCZ2P800LP1G...
Forum: General December 15th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

kony wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:20:53 -0700, "RussellS"
rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace"dot"with"." wrote:

MB - ASUS M2N-MX GF6100 AM2
MEM - 1G|OCZ DII800 OCZ2P800LP1G...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Newly Built Computer Won't Stay On

Robert Heiling wrote:
Jack Bruss wrote:

I just built a new computer, and when I turn it on, it turns off in about 4
seconds. I hear a longish beep, and all 4 fans in the system are...
Forum: General December 15th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt