Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: tb
Forum: General August 30th 20, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By tb
BIOS Modes

I have an old Intel DP55WG motherboard with Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
installed.

The board has an LG DVD optical drive and a WD hard drive (500 GB)
installed. Both are SATA and connected to...
Forum: General November 8th 19, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By tb
Bad Power Supply

On 11/8/2019 at 1:46:43 PM VanguardLH wrote:

tb wrote:

I have this desktop PC (quite old!) that when I shut it down I have
to wait at least a minute before I...
Forum: General November 8th 19, 04:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By tb
Bad Power Supply

I have this desktop PC (quite old!) that when I shut it down I have to
wait at least a minute before I can reboot it. If I press the power
button before approx. one minute it does not turn on.

I'm...
Forum: General July 16th 19, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By tb
Ethernet Crossover or Patch Cable

On 7/16/2019 at 8:11:31 AM John McGaw wrote:

On 7/15/2019 5:56 PM, tb wrote:
On 7/15/2019 at 2:59:53 PM John McGaw wrote:

On 7/15/2019 1:41 PM, tb wrote:
I am thinking about...
Forum: General July 16th 19, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 7/15/2019 at 6:30:17 PM Paul wrote:

tb wrote:
On 7/15/2019 at 2:59:53 PM John McGaw wrote:

On 7/15/2019 1:41 PM, tb wrote:
I am thinking about getting AT&T Fiber internet...
Forum: General July 15th 19, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By tb
Ethernet Crossover or Patch Cable

On 7/15/2019 at 2:59:53 PM John McGaw wrote:

On 7/15/2019 1:41 PM, tb wrote:
I am thinking about getting AT&T Fiber internet and do the setup
myself.

The fiberoptic wall plug is...
Forum: General July 15th 19, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By tb
Ethernet Crossover or Patch Cable

I am thinking about getting AT&T Fiber internet and do the setup myself.

The fiberoptic wall plug is in the living room of my apartment. I
would like to keep my desktop PC and fiberoptic modem in...
Forum: General June 15th 19, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By tb
Why No Bluetooth Icon In the Taskbar?

On 06/14/2019 06:53 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
tb wrote:

I have Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit installed on a desktop PC. The
motherboard does not have Bluetooth capability.

I purchased a...
Forum: General June 14th 19, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By tb
Why No Bluetooth Icon In the Taskbar?

I have Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit installed on a desktop PC. The
motherboard does not have Bluetooth capability.

I purchased a Logitech H800 Wireless Headset from Best...
Forum: General June 13th 19, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By tb
Pairing Headphone to Desktop PC Using Bluetooth

I have a desktop PC with Windows 7 installed and I just purchased a
pair of Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Noise Canceling headphones.

The headphones do not come with a USB adapter for Bluetooth...
Forum: General January 29th 19, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By tb
Time For A New Motherboard?

I use Clonezilla Live to back up a PC drive to a portable external HD
with a USB-A cable.

Recently Clonezilla Live has not been able to complete the job...
It basically seems to hang anywhere during...
Forum: General October 12th 18, 07:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By tb
Bluetooth Earbuds

I am technologically challenged, so...

Does anyone know if wireless earbuds such as this one:
https://www.pcmag.com/review/359434/rha-ma650-wireless
can be used on a tablet (equipped with...
Forum: General September 27th 18, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By tb
Bluetooth Receiver/Transmitter

I'm technologically challenged, so...

I have a Bluetooth headset but my PC does not have Bluetooth
capability. So I would like to purchase some sort of Bluetooth
receiver/transmitter that plugs...
Forum: General July 16th 17, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By tb
AC/DC Adapter Charger Cord

The charger cord for my AT&T's DSL modem (2Wire 2701HG-B) died, so I
purchased a new one online at Amazon.com.

The only difference between the original cord and the new one is that
the old one...
Forum: General May 6th 17, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By tb
Desktop Keeps Turning On/Off

On 4/30/2017 at 9:09:41 PM tb wrote:

I have a desktop that just started turning itself on and off
continuously.

Basically, when I push the power button, the PC turns on for approx.
1-2...
Forum: General May 1st 17, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By tb
Desktop Keeps Turning On/Off

I have a desktop that just started turning itself on and off continuously.

Basically, when I push the power button, the PC turns on for approx. 1-2
seconds, then it turns off for approx. 1-2...
Forum: General February 22nd 17, 05:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By tb
PC Shuts Down and Reboots In Rapid Succession

On 02/20/2017 04:18 PM, John McGaw wrote:

Before you go any further or spend any money you might just try pushing
the power cord connector into the PS really really hard. More than one
time...
Forum: General February 20th 17, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By tb
PC Shuts Down and Reboots In Rapid Succession

On 2/19/2017 at 9:14:04 PM Paul wrote:

tb wrote:
I have a desktop PC with Linux MX16 (64-bit) installed.

I have noticed in the last few months that occasionally Firefox
freezes. ...
Forum: General February 20th 17, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By tb
PC Shuts Down and Reboots In Rapid Succession

I have a desktop PC with Linux MX16 (64-bit) installed.

I have noticed in the last few months that occasionally Firefox
freezes. In a couple of instances the PC just shut down on its own.

This...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 11th 16, 06:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By tb
Front Panel Audio Connector On Motherboard

I have found an old MSI Eclipse SLI motherboard:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Eclipse_SLI.html

I'm trying to understand if the motherboard has a connector for the
front-panel audio out...
Forum: General June 2nd 16, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By tb
802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Card

On 5/26/2016 at 6:21:59 PM Paul wrote:

tb wrote:
On 5/26/2016 at 1:49:26 PM Paul wrote:

What flavor USB ports does it have ? USB2 or USB3 ?

You'd want USB3 to cover all...
Forum: General September 15th 15, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By tb
Site Similar To CPU-World for Cell Phone Processors?

Not quite a question for alt.com.hardware but don't know where else to
post it...

Is there a site, similar to CPU-World, where I can take a look at the
specs of cell phone processors?

--
tb
Forum: General July 6th 15, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 7/6/2015 at 3:16:08 PM Paul wrote:

DisplayPort cables exist in two types.

1) Passive (cheap)
2) Active (expensive)

The necessity of each, depends on what is at
each end of the...
Forum: General July 6th 15, 08:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By tb
Video Cables Question

My monitor has two different kind of ports:
* VGA
* DVI

The desktop PC has these ports:
* VGA
* DisplayPort

Right now the monitor is connected to the PC with a VGA cable.
Forum: General June 27th 15, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By tb
Laptop Not Booting Up

On 6/27/2015 at 9:53:21 AM Paul wrote:

Meaning that you, as the service person, would
have to examine the motherboard to figure out what
to replace. It could be bad caps, burned toroidal
Showing results 1 to 25 of 66