Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 8.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Doe
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 14th 14, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Stop Windows Retarded from changing folder columns?

"s|b" me privacy.invalid wrote:

John Doe wrote:

MS Explorer sucks. Get rid of it. Never use MS this and MS
that...

But Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931 and MS Windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 14th 14, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Stop Windows Retarded from changing folder columns?

"Mark Blain" wrote in message
John Doe wrote in
:

Wrong...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 14th 14, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Bugzilla Mozilla... There is no user named '...'

For Nildo or any other such whining troll to act like a grown up
would require that it simply ignore my threads...

--
Nil rednoise9 REMOVETHIScomcast.net wrote:

Path:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 14, 12:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Bugzilla Mozilla... There is no user named '...'

Another netcop wannabe...

--
"Andy" N n.com wrote:

Posted By John Doe
Bugzilla Mozilla... There is no user named '...'

Nildo needs to lay off the hard drugs...

--
Nil rednoise9 REMOVETHIScomcast.net wrote:

Path:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 14, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Bugzilla Mozilla... There is no user named '...'

That's discouraging, since they are asking for an email address... So
of course I enter the email address, and this is the response...

There is no user named '...' Either you mis-typed the name or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 14, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 6
Posted By John Doe
Rhythmic blinking HDD light not caused by Autoplay?

On 2014-06-10 11:35 AM, Rob wrote:
On 04/06/2014 17:56, John Doe wrote:

I thought the only cause for a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 14, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 6
Posted By John Doe
Rhythmic blinking HDD light not caused by Autoplay?

Wolf K wolfmac sympatico.ca wrote:

Rob wrote:
John Doe wrote:

I thought the only cause for a perpetual rhythmic blinking HDD
light is Autoplay. But all of my Autoplay settings...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 14, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Stop Windows Retarded from changing folder columns?

Mark Blain mblain2 yahoo.com wrote:

John Doe jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote:

Is there a way to stop Windows 7 from changing folder columns
when you happen to copy or move certain...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 14, 04:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By John Doe
Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) recommendation?

Preliminarily speaking...

Awesome.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 14, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general

Paul nospam needed.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I thought the only cause for a perpetual rhythmic blinking HDD
light is Autoplay. But all of my Autoplay settings are "Take no
action"....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 14, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By John Doe
Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) recommendation?

the mic specs...

Microphone
Primo EM-152N,
Sensitivity -41 to -51dB @ 1KHz
Ambient Noise Suppression
95%
Frequency Response
90Hz to 15KHz
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 14, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By John Doe
Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) recommendation?

I found what claims to be a recording of the VXi VoxStar UC
Bluetooth headset/earpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata&v=VIBGVod3gBs

That sounds very good for my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 14, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 6
Posted By John Doe
Rhythmic blinking HDD light not caused by Autoplay?

I thought the only cause for a perpetual rhythmic blinking HDD
light is Autoplay. But all of my Autoplay settings are "Take no
action". I would suspect System Monitor, but it's not
automatically...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 14, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 9
Posted By John Doe
Stop Windows Retarded from changing folder columns?

Is there a way to stop Windows 7 from changing folder columns when
you happen to copy or move certain files into a folder?

That IMO is one of the most annoying, frustrating, idiotic things
Windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 06:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By John Doe
Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) recommendation?

I wrote:

My voice sound is very good, but it doesn't block background
noises.

I might have been listening to the built-in microphone. Seems the
Bluetooth microphone does block background...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

Please get back on topic...

From: Steve Hayes hayesstw...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 01:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

But seriously...

From: David no spam.please
Newsgroups:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 14, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

Something else just happened now that I recall happening before
but did not associate it with anything else. In Xnews, when I
press the / key to jump to and open the next unread message,
sometimes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 14, 05:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By John Doe
Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) recommendation?

To get my feet wet, I bought a Motorola HK250 dirt cheap. It's a
mobile phone headset worn on your ear. Music output sounds great! Too
bad it's mono. Of course it paired/connected easily with my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 14, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

It happens in Internet Explorer 11 too.

And, strangely, it happens seemingly randomly. It's happening
again without installing or configuring anything. I suppose it could
be my mouse. But that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 14, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

Doesn't necessarily require an update from Microsoft for something
to get messed up in Windows. Surprise. It could be a new piece of
software. It could be a configuration change. Conceivably...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 14, 10:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

BobbyM masseyNOSPAM hotmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Maybe related... In the Hotmail tab when there is a new
message, I see a new message indicator "(1)" but when that tab
is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 14, 09:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By John Doe
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

But Gmail works just fine... Clicking on folders opens the folders
every time.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 14, 09:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general