Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Boris[_7_]
Forum: General January 28th 21, 06:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Are both SSDs the same?

I'm looking at two desktops. I can't tell if the SSD is the same on each
configuration, because one says NVMe, while the other doesn't. Is it just
sloppy description, or are both SSDs the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 27th 20, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 56
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Why is this folder so slow?

VanguardLH wrote in :

Yousuf Khan wrote:

I have a folder on one of my SSD drives that takes 8 to 10 hours to
Forum: Dell Computers April 19th 20, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Creating Recovery Drives

I have an Inspiron 5559 laptop, that I got in June 2017, shipped with
Windows 10 Home Premium (1709 at the time?).

I used the on board "Create a recovery drive" program then to make a USB
recovery...
Forum: Dell Computers June 5th 19, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 6
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Intel Management Engine Updates

Machine is a Dell Inspiron 3668 desktop running Windows 10 Home Premium,
1803 build 17134.765. Looks like this machine is two builds behind (.766
and .799) before even getting to 1809. I'm set to...
Forum: Dell Computers June 12th 18, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Dell Registration

Boris wrote in
:

I registered my Dell desktop when I first set it up. It came with the
Dell Help & Support, and...
Forum: Dell Computers June 12th 18, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Dell Registration

I registered my Dell desktop when I first set it up. It came with the
Dell Help & Support, and Support Assist programs.

Both programs seem a little buggy.

While in Dell Help & Support, if I click...
Forum: Dell Computers June 12th 18, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Dell Complete Your Software Installation

I've always ignored this notice from Dell that pops up on a couple of my
machines, usually when I reboot:

https://postimg.cc/image/9purjioaj/

I just click Remind Me Later.

I've never ordered any...
Forum: Dell Computers May 28th 18, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Intel HD 620 Graphics driver

Boris wrote in
:

Ben Myers wrote in
Forum: Dell Computers May 28th 18, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Intel HD 620 Graphics driver

Ben Myers wrote in
:

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 9:06:35 PM UTC-4, Boris wrote:
My Dell Inspiron 15 has an...
Forum: Dell Computers May 27th 18, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Intel HD 620 Graphics driver

My Dell Inspiron 15 has an Intel HD Graphics 520 driver, per Device
Manager, that was installed at the factory. It's running Windows 10,
version 1803. I keep getting a Microsoft Update...
Forum: Dell Computers March 19th 18, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris[_7_]
Why Two Recovery Partitions on This Dell?

This is an Inspiron 15.6" Series 5000, 5559 Laptop.

I purchased it new around July of 2016. It came with Windows 10 Home,
probably Version 1511 or 1607 back then. It's currently fully updated,...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11