Showing results 1 to 25 of 113
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Patrick Vervoorn
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 16, 12:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Asus P5Q Deluxe and Xeon e5472 ram limit

In article ,
Miroslav Todorov wrote:
When i insert more than 4dg ddr2 ram, sistem wont boot..i have xeon
e5472...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 25th 13, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
what cards can drive multiple 2560x1600 screens?

In article ,
wrote:
A former classmate, now working for an oil company, boasted that they
have a workstation with 3...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 13th 11, 03:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
A8N-E + 4GB RAM

In article ,
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I just re-purposed an old machine with the Asus A8N-E for use as a DIY
Network Attached Storage device. I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 3rd 09, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
ASUS Rampage Formule: BIOS 0803 not ok?

Hi there,

I recently upgraded the BIOS of my ASUS Rampage Formule (with a Q6600
and 2 x 2GB of Kingston DDR2-800 RAM installed) to 0803, using the
built-in EZ-Flash 2 (I've upgraded the bios...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 23rd 09, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
181.22 & 7600GT/Vista: still no go...

Hi there,

Just for information: the 181.22 Vista 32bits drivers, despite claims
otherwise, still do not work with 7600GT.

Tried installing them last evening, but ran into a host of problems when...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 11th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Diminishing returns on Driver upgrades ?

In article ,
First of One wrote:
From what I've seen, the release notes are common between the Vista and XP
drivers of the same rev #...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 5th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Diminishing returns on Driver upgrades ?

In article ,
First of One wrote:

Is my assumption pretty correct that most driver updates are good for new
cards and not so...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 28th 08, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Asus N6200 and widescreen monitor

In article ,
Olek Kwas wrote:

What do You suggest?

Is installing WinXP on the machine in question an option?

Regards,

Patrick.
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 26th 08, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Any new Asus boards that support ECC?

In article ,
Core2Duo wrote:

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 24th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Geoforce 8600 crashes the whole PC (both Win and Linux)

In article ,
wrote:
Hi all, I have a desktop PC with an AMD dual core...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 23rd 08, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Any new Asus boards that support ECC?

In article ,
Core2Duo wrote:

"Bruce." wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 15th 08, 10:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
How stable is 175.19?

In article ,
DRS wrote:
"Terry Pinnell" wrote in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 08, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 28
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Temperature range

In article , Mhaxx wrote:
85 for GPU does seem a bit high for regular desktop. I have an 8800GT

Mmm..

that idles around the 50 mark...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 16th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Any experience with the Rampage Formula?

Hi there,

Since my previous mainboard died (an MSI P6N Diamond, NVidia n680i SLI), I
sent it in, and finally got word it will be credited. This means I had my
options open.

I finally ordered an...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 15th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 25
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Should I KEEP my video card?

In article , mangyrat wrote:
when did XFX start doing this with the fans?
it would tick me off bad if i got a card like you described.
ill have...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 10th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 25
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Should I KEEP my video card?

In article ,
mangyrat wrote:
all the bulls **** aside you will be wanting to get at least a 9600gt or
better yet a 8800gt in the mid price...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 11th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Fan behaviour on XFX 8800GT 512MB 'Alpha Dog Edition'

In article ,
JLC jc@nospam wrote:

"S. Smith" wrote in message

Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 08, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Fan behaviour on XFX 8800GT 512MB 'Alpha Dog Edition'

In article fphAj.69026$FO1.61779@edtnps82,
Augustus wrote:
_If_ the fan has only two wires to the PCB, there's no way it's going to
be speed-controllable. This is also...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Fan behaviour on XFX 8800GT 512MB 'Alpha Dog Edition'

In article ,
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

I've searched the XFX site, but I don't see any graphics card BIOS...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 08, 01:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Fan behaviour on XFX 8800GT 512MB 'Alpha Dog Edition'

In article ,
biff wrote:

[Top-posting fixed]

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 08, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Fan behaviour on XFX 8800GT 512MB 'Alpha Dog Edition'

Hi there,

Yesterday-evening I installed an XFX 8800GT, 512MB, 'Alpha Dog Edition'
into my brother's PC. All is working well, and he is enjoying the new
speeds immensely (he had a 7600GT/256MB...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 16th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Strange behaviour since a few days with Q6600/8800GTX system

In article gCDtj.6546$kz3.3204@trndny03, Fishface ? wrote:
Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

In almost all case, the nv4_disp is faulted. Sometimes via a BSOD (and a
report after...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 14th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 15
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
nVidia 8800 card is used to crack passwords

In article ,
Madoc Owain wrote:

[snip]

Seriously though, when I was running SETI@Home, I was hoping someone
would come out with a version...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 14th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 15
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
nVidia 8800 card is used to crack passwords

In article ,
Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:02*pm, Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* Beladi...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 12th 08, 01:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Patrick Vervoorn
Strange behaviour since a few days with Q6600/8800GTX system

In article ,
First of One wrote:
"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message...