Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dima[_3_]
Forum: Ati Videocards February 4th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Dima[_3_]
HDMI audio

Somebody in here had an issue with HDMI audio.
I had the same issue where there was no audio coming from HDMI connection
using Radeon HD 2400
I was getting a message from Catalyst Center that the...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 20th 08, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Dima[_3_]
No HDMI Sound on Diamond Radeon 2600XT

So in Vista, you selected the Digital Output Device (HDMI), then clicked on
"set default".
There in Properties, under Supported Formats, I see DTS Audio, Dolby
Digital, Microsoft WMA Pro Audio.
And...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 18th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Dima[_3_]
No HDMI Sound on Diamond Radeon 2600XT

Those drivers for XP OS. but for Vista it looks like you don't need a
driver.
http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=29037

Do you have Catalyst 8.1...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 17th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Dima[_3_]
No HDMI Sound on Diamond Radeon 2600XT

Here's the driver for HDMI audio,
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/hdmiaudio-xp

Another driver (havn't tried this...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 14th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By Dima[_3_]
tv colour very low

There should be a slider in catalyst control center or catalyst control
panel, under TV for color saturation or somthing like this.
Check if you can increase it.

"Andrew Gill"...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 7th 08, 07:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Dima[_3_]
refresh rate and theater mode issue

Didn't get any answers...
Just letting you all know that I fixed the problem by going back to XP on
that...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 6th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Upgrade advice needed

You can get a IDE to SATA adapter for your drives. Worked great for me.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1281812&CatId=1455

"peterf"...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 5th 08, 09:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Dima[_3_]
refresh rate and theater mode issue

Hi,

I'v been using HD 2400 Pro PCIexp on XP without any issues.
Upgraded to Vista 32 (fresh install) and now got the following problems.

My monitor's (Samsung 755DF) refresh rate drops from 85Hz to...
Forum: Matrox Videocards December 30th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 32
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

hd3870, P35 P5K Dlx
1680x1050
AccOpt: Normal
Total video time (s): 4.9
Window open time (s): 0.019
Text scroll time (s): 0.93
Line drawing time (s): 0.32
Filled objects time (s):...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

hd3870, P35 P5K Dlx
1680x1050
AccOpt: Normal
Total video time (s): 4.9
Window open time (s): 0.019
Text scroll time (s): 0.93
Line drawing time (s): 0.32
Filled objects time (s):...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 30th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

hd3870, P35 P5K Dlx
1680x1050
AccOpt: Normal
Total video time (s): 4.9
Window open time (s): 0.019
Text scroll time (s): 0.93
Line drawing time (s): 0.32
Filled objects time (s):...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 30th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

Here you go, download and run the BitBit 2D benchmark.
http://www.karpfenteich.net/colorful/bitblt.html

couldn't resist, but hope it's accurate
HD 3870 results - 1680x1050, Vista x64

BitBlt:
avg:...
Forum: Matrox Videocards December 30th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 32
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

Here you go, download and run the BitBit 2D benchmark.
http://www.karpfenteich.net/colorful/bitblt.html

couldn't resist, but hope it's accurate
HD 3870 results - 1680x1050, Vista x64

BitBlt:
avg:...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

Here you go, download and run the BitBit 2D benchmark.
http://www.karpfenteich.net/colorful/bitblt.html

couldn't resist, but hope it's accurate
HD 3870 results - 1680x1050, Vista x64

BitBlt:
avg:...
Forum: Matrox Videocards December 28th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 32
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

You might take a look at those, which will do hardware decoding of 2D such
as HD movies...
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=17337
I believe there's not much point of getting fastest...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 28th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

You might take a look at those, which will do hardware decoding of 2D such
as HD movies...
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=17337
I believe there's not much point of getting fastest...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 28th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 39
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

You might take a look at those, which will do hardware decoding of 2D such
as HD movies...
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=17337
I believe there's not much point of getting fastest...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 15th 07, 06:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Dima[_3_]
widescreen monitor

I use LG L226WA DVI and there's no such option in the monitor's menu.
There's an option in CCC to Use centered timing, to get black bars around
the image at lower resolution,
but it doesn't...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 12th 07, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Dima[_3_]
widescreen monitor

Hi,

How do you play 4:3 aspect ratio games on a widescreen monitor?
On nVidia cards, there's an option to scale the image, so you get black bars
on the sides of the screen and the image becomes...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 3rd 07, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Dima[_3_]
Probably a stupid question, but

Looks like they have it here
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20907&vpn=HR-03&manufacture=THERMALRIGHT

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 27th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Dima[_3_]
HD 2900XT 8 pin connection issue

Got the 8pin to 6 pin adapter and it works great on that wire.
So it must be the video card?

"Dima" wrote in message
well, I...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 26th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Dima[_3_]
HD 2900XT 8 pin connection issue

well, I was going to do some overclocking of RAM, as my card has 1ns chips.
I'll try your idea. Thanks.

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 26th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Dima[_3_]
HD 2900XT 8 pin connection issue

Yes,
That's what I was using. Dedicated 8-pin PCI express connection.
There's an adapter that converts 8pin to 6pin.

When I was using 8 pin connection, I wasn't overclocking.
But still I got to find...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 26th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Dima[_3_]
HD 2900XT 8 pin connection issue

It's 8 to 6 pin adapter, not the other way.
I have it.
I'll wait for an answer from HIS and maybe try maybe replacing the PSU.

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 26th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Dima[_3_]
HD 2900XT 8 pin connection issue

Hi,

I just got a new Thermaltake Toughpower 750W power supply.
When I have 8pin + 6pin power connection, system reboots unexpectedly after
playing for about 30 min.
If I have 6+6pin power...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25