Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 1.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian D[_3_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 11th 12, 08:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 21
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
SATA USB docks

"Arno" wrote in message
Ian D wrote:

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 11th 12, 01:47 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 21
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
SATA USB docks

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

This Kingwin SATA docking port is a PITA. It seems to make a poor
connection, or maybe it has...
Forum: General May 8th 12, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
Question about 64-bit and IDE?

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 5/4/2012 6:22 AM, wrote:
Dumb question maybe. I am fishing for...
Forum: General May 8th 12, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.home.repair
Replies: 28
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
Self-Clean Range Will Not Work

"Paul" wrote in message
philo wrote:
On 05/06/2012 06:20 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 16:01:37 -0500,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 2nd 12, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
the "I can't see all 4 GiB RAM" problem - what are the reserved addresses?

"Orson Cart" wrote in message

There are thousands of posts in forums, where some novice whines:

I increased my RAM to 4 gigs but...
Forum: General January 2nd 12, 03:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
screwdriver

"Paul" wrote in message
bob wrote:

This is my favorite solution.

I use this kit a lot for home odd-jobs. It has samples of
a number...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 4th 11, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
Battery Backup Question

"mikea" wrote in message
You don't say what position the power switch was found in. On my APC, it's
a red button that latches down for ON...
Forum: General September 24th 11, 09:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

"Ian D" wrote in message

"123Jim" wrote in message
Forum: General September 24th 11, 08:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

"123Jim" wrote in message
On 24/09/2011 07:41, Grinder wrote:
On 9/23/2011 11:42 PM, 123Jim wrote:
Windows 7 home...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 23rd 11, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
Windows XP does not recognize all extra memory installed

"Erik" wrote in message
Hi,

I upgraded the memory of my computer from 512 Mb tot 1,5 Gb. I did this by
installing a 1...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 11, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
Automatically close DVD drawer at boot up.

"John" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:19:11 -0700 (PDT), Flasherly wrote:

On Sep 3, 2:26 am, John...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 11, 04:30 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 29
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
External 1TB drive is clicking

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
On 27/08/2011 11:09 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Yousuf wrote

I...
Forum: General April 22nd 11, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
PSU Connectors?

wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 04:48:25 -0500, Grinder
wrote:

No need to worry. A 20+4...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 15th 11, 03:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
I would like to whip the SOBs ass that designed this case

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023

The front plastic...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 12th 11, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
installijng ssd hard drive as boot drive for windows 7

"Paul" wrote in message
Ian D wrote:

Thanks, Paul,

Win 7 isn't really my problem. It would only take an hour,
or so, to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 12th 11, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
installijng ssd hard drive as boot drive for windows 7

"Paul" wrote in message
Ian D wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 11th 11, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
installijng ssd hard drive as boot drive for windows 7

"Paul" wrote in message
I am interested in purchasing a 64 gb Kingston Solid State hard drive
and installing...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 10th 11, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Ian D[_3_]
[email protected]

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message