Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan[_3_]
Forum: Dell Computers March 1st 16, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Alan[_3_]
SATA III work on SATA Dell XPS 420?

"Ellen Hall" wrotR:

Hello,

Shopping for a hard drive. Are the SATA IIIs backward compatible straight
across? One was advertised with a bonus cable. Will my original work?...
Forum: Dell Computers August 11th 15, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan[_3_]
Replacement hard drive for Dell Inspiron 1420?

All,

Feeling a bit sheepish, but there is indeed a standard connector
buried under the adapter. I feel very slightly less stupid since he
"professionals" did not get it. Only slightly. ...
Forum: Dell Computers August 11th 15, 11:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan[_3_]
Replacement hard drive for Dell Inspiron 1420?

I have a 2007 Dell Inspiron laptop 1420 which still has its uses. I
have been looking for a new HD, but it has an odd connector. Rather
than the usual flat connector with horizontal contacts, these...
Forum: Dell Computers July 19th 15, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Alan[_3_]
SSD mounting question

I upgraded my C drive with a SSD and initially left it hanging since
accessing the drive bays required moving several cables. It weights
almost nothing, and that worked fine. When I was sure that...
Forum: Dell Computers December 10th 13, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 29
Posted By Alan[_3_]
SSD - is it ok to use in XP laptop

One question is finding one which will fit. I have an ancient 2006
Dell Inspiron 1420 with WIN7 Pro. I decided to get a SSD drive from
Kingston, fortunately with a guarantee to work. It arrived,...
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 13, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan[_3_]
Installing a new update over and over

There were several botched updates. Hiding them is the thing to do
for now, and don't worry about the apparent updates. MS will
eventually get working versions out.

--
Alan
Forum: Dell Computers May 29th 12, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

LAME is very popular:

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

The command line version should be fine for one file. There are
multiple front ends if you prefer GUI.

--
Alan
Forum: Dell Computers January 17th 12, 10:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

I have one which came with Vista. Recently, I updated it to WIN7 with
no problem. As others have said, MS kept the same driver model, and
all the specific Dell functions are working fine with the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 31st 10, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan[_3_]
Inspiron Laptop. Applet to Measure CPU's Temperature?

Try this to monitor the CPU(s),

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I have it on a variety of desktop and laptop machines, with 32 and 64
bit OS versions. Works fine on all of them.

--
Alan
Forum: Dell Computers November 12th 10, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Not free, but try Acronis True Image. It has bailed me out of several
fixes. http://www.acronis.com You can run it a trial copy for a
short time to see whether it suits your needs.

--
Alan
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10