Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 2.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phred
Forum: Dell Computers June 28th 11, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Phred
Dim 4550 Hard Drive Replacement Advice?

In article , powrwrap wrote:
My Dim 4550 came with a 40GB drive. In January 2008 I installed a
Western Digital...
Forum: Dell Computers January 18th 11, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Phred
IE8 memory hog?

In article , "RnR" wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 03:33:39 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

In...
Forum: Dell Computers September 20th 10, 10:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Phred
How to get into the BIOS on an old Dell?

In article , Michael Arm
wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:16:24 +0000 (UTC), dg1261
wrote:

Ted Shoemaker...
Forum: Dell Computers January 27th 10, 11:32 AM Posted to aus.computers,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Phred
Windows 7 versions, upgrades, installation options?

In article , "Lauren
Orda" wrote:

"Phred" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers January 26th 10, 03:31 PM Posted to aus.computers,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Phred
Windows 7 versions, upgrades, installation options?

G'day Fred, Hank, and others,

Thanks very much for your comments and advice. If I interpret you all
correctly:

a. It is *legal* to use the Win7 upgrade option if you own Win XP.

b. But you can't...
Forum: Dell Computers January 26th 10, 11:31 AM Posted to aus.computers,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Phred
Windows 7 versions, upgrades, installation options?

G'day mates,

I saw some reasonable prices for the assorted Win 7 versions the other
day and wondered if it's worth buying.

Questions:

1. Do the various upgrade versions permit upgrading from XP? ...
Forum: Printers November 16th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 20
Posted By Phred
Help wth selecting a laser printer

In article , Warren Block wrote:
James King wrote:
I got the USB to Parallel (UTP) adaptor last Friday...
Forum: Dell Computers October 11th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Phred
Why do business computers cost more than home un its?

From: Gary Baldi ]
On 10 Oct, 17:59, wrote:
When...
Forum: Dell Computers August 14th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Phred
(OT) This newsgroup is being more frequently flooded with crossposts.

In article , RnR wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:08:54 -0400, Ben Myers wrote:
RnR wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug...
Forum: Printers May 21st 09, 04:19 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Posted By Phred
Reliable consumer level colour duplex printers.

In article , Warren Block wrote:
Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
[snip]
Lexmark C543dn Colour Laser Printer...
Forum: Dell Computers March 31st 09, 11:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Phred
Dimension 4600 and 4600i - differences?

In article , Charles wrote:
William R. Walsh wrote:
The Dimension 4600 came in, and with a few new feet, it looks and
works great. It's...
Forum: Printers March 25th 09, 09:38 AM Posted to alt.msdos.programmer,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Phred
How can I use a USB printer with an old DOS program

Have you tried discussing your problem in comp.periphs.printers?

There are some pretty knowledgeable people there who *may* be able to
help you.

[comp.periphs.printers added to distribution]

In...
Forum: Dell Computers March 22nd 09, 10:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Phred
Dimension 4600 - I finally got one!

In article , Ben Myers wrote:
Phred wrote:
G'day Ben,

Where does the 4100 fit in this family as you describe it below?

In...
Forum: Dell Computers March 20th 09, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Phred
Dimension 4600 - I finally got one!

G'day Ben,

Where does the 4100 fit in this family as you describe it below?

In article , Ben Myers
wrote:
[snip]
Dell never used growed...
Forum: Dell Computers February 20th 09, 01:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,aus.computers
Replies: 24
Posted By Phred
"Wireless access points" [Was: Bye Bye to PCI?]

In article , "William R. Walsh" wrote:

You unwittingly hit my question right on the head. I'm...
Forum: Dell Computers December 10th 08, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,aus.computers
Replies: 8
Posted By Phred
Recycled Dell staff [Was: What Have They Done to the Community Forums?]

In article , Postman Delivers wrote:
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:42:59 -0500, Daddy wrote:

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I've just had...
Forum: Printers December 6th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Phred
Printing on toilet paper

In article , Arthur Entlich wrote:
[snip]
Although most manufacturers don't print it on their labels, most TP is
made from post consumer...
Forum: Dell Computers September 23rd 08, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 41
Posted By Phred
Losing Newsgroup Service

In article , ben_myers_spam_me_not at charter.net wrote:
I just had a couple ding-dong arguments via chat and via phone with Charter's
tech support about...
Forum: Dell Computers August 22nd 08, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 29
Posted By Phred
Service Pack 3

In article , Colin Wilson wrote:
Windows update popped up again and I installed it. Seems...
Forum: Dell Computers August 13th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Phred
Weird problem with Microsoft Access and Dell data projector

In article B5941E633D8A446E99055B7A7F66CBE4@M2010, "Tom Scales" wrote:
Usually this is a result of not running the projector at its native
resolution. Most will interpolate...
Forum: Dell Computers August 13th 08, 11:43 AM Posted to aus.computers,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Phred
Weird problem with Microsoft Access and Dell data projector

G'day mates,

I was at a meeting the other day when a colleague attempted to
demonstrate the workings and features of a database he is developing
in MS Access. The projector being used was one of...
Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 9
Posted By Phred
OT (maybe, maybe not): freeware utility software

In article , RnR wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 07:53:24 -0500, RnR wrote:

With all the posts lately asking...
Forum: Dell Computers July 25th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Phred
OT--SP3?

In article , "Leigh" wrote:
Ben,

Thanks! I agree with you comment on the doofus programmers in HP's printer
software...
Forum: Dell Computers July 24th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Phred
OT--SP3?

In article , "tpow" wrote:

"Fixer" wrote in message

"MZB"...
Forum: Dell Computers July 23rd 08, 11:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Phred
Microsoft Tries to Polish Vista

In article , Tony Harding wrote:
[snip]

After spending $500 million, Microsoft might be able to convince people
that Windows Vista is not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 95