Showing results 1 to 25 of 341
Search took 3.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daddy[_3_]
Forum: Dell Computers August 9th 10, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
The tech support ritual

On 8/9/2010 4:26 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
I'm number 54 to get back in the chat queue.

There's a hold up in the Bronx,
Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's a traffic jam in Harlem
That's backed...
Forum: Dell Computers August 9th 10, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
What Model Dell Have You Installed Windows 7 On?

On 8/8/2010 2:09 AM, w7pro wrote:
Hank Arnold;1235609 Wrote:
I've installed it successfully on:

Dimension E520 (32& 64 bit
Optiplex 780 (64 bit pre-installed).

Regards,
Forum: Dell Computers August 6th 10, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Dell Win 7 Disc question

On 8/6/2010 12:13 PM, RnR wrote:
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:10:51 -0400,
wrote:

On 8/6/2010 12:02 PM, RnR wrote:
what would happen if I chose not to activate my...
Forum: Dell Computers August 6th 10, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Dell Win 7 Disc question

On 8/6/2010 12:02 PM, RnR wrote:
what would happen if I chose not to activate my win 7 disk ?

"what would happen if I chose not to activate my win 7 disk ?"

After 30 days it becomes pretty much...
Forum: Dell Computers August 4th 10, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Dell Win 7 Disc question

On 8/4/2010 9:50 AM, Daddy wrote:
On 8/4/2010 8:36 AM, Ben Myers wrote:
On 8/4/2010 4:44 AM, Daddy wrote:
On 8/3/2010 5:36 PM, wrote:

Retail Win 7 discs...
Forum: Dell Computers August 4th 10, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Dell Win 7 Disc question

On 8/4/2010 8:36 AM, Ben Myers wrote:
On 8/4/2010 4:44 AM, Daddy wrote:
On 8/3/2010 5:36 PM, wrote:

Retail Win 7 discs contain both the 64 and 32 bit...
Forum: Dell Computers August 4th 10, 09:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Dell Win 7 Disc question

On 8/3/2010 5:36 PM, wrote:

Retail Win 7 discs contain both the 64 and 32 bit versions.
Would that be true with Dell Win 7 media too?

(I ordered my wife a machine...
Forum: Dell Computers July 30th 10, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Quality of Dell Tech Support and Dell Sales Representative

On 7/30/2010 8:16 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Jul 29, 3:06 pm, wrote:
A neighbor of mine is interested in purchasing a Dell Studio XPS computer.
She has asked me for help. ...
Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 10, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
need to replace battery- do I need to write down everything insys. setup?

On 7/29/2010 12:53 PM, Timothy Daniels wrote:
Assuming that you're talking about the lithium "coin" battery that powers
the ROM while the PC is shut down, the capacitors *should* keep enough
Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 10, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
64-Bit Win 7? Pitfalls?

On 7/29/2010 5:06 AM, Hank Arnold wrote:
Microsoft has stated that this is a supported process.

"Microsoft has stated that this is a supported process.."

..../if/ the blank disc previously held a...
Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 10, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Backup software

On 7/28/2010 9:30 PM, wrote:

What is the best backup software for full
images?

Will it work on Win7 32 bit and Win 7 64 bit?
(I still have not decided which way to...
Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 10, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
64-Bit Win 7? Pitfalls?

On 7/28/2010 6:01 PM, dg1261 wrote:
wrote in :

2- As I said, the student version is an upgrade, and 32-bit Windows
can't be...
Forum: Dell Computers July 28th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
64-Bit Win 7? Pitfalls?

On 7/28/2010 3:21 PM, wrote:
writes:

On 7/28/2010 1:57 PM, wrote:

I am thinking of getting a Dell Latitude...
Forum: Dell Computers July 28th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
64-Bit Win 7? Pitfalls?

On 7/28/2010 1:57 PM, wrote:

I am thinking of getting a Dell Latitude 6510 for my
son's college computer.

Would there be any serious downside to buying a student
Forum: Dell Computers July 28th 10, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Windows Updates to Avoid (with Dell systems or otherwise)

On 7/28/2010 12:18 AM, Ben Myers wrote:
I reinstalled Windows XP Pro with SP3 (Dell Edition) on the first of
four refurb Dimension 8300's I am selling. Then I went to Windows update
to apply...
Forum: Dell Computers July 28th 10, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Alternate DNS servers?

On 7/27/2010 10:08 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
What's a good alternate DNS server?

Embarq (or whatever they're calling themselves now) is having a lot of problems.

I need to write it down for...
Forum: Dell Computers July 28th 10, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Do any Dell laptops come with a real OS disk

On 7/27/2010 9:39 PM, wrote:
Christopher writes:

Pen wrote:
On 7/27/2010 12:08 AM, wrote:
Christopher...
Forum: Dell Computers July 26th 10, 08:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Do any Dell laptops come with a real OS disk

On 7/26/2010 12:50 PM, RnR wrote:
In ,
says...

On 7/25/2010 11:05 PM, wrote:

It is time...
Forum: Dell Computers July 26th 10, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Do any Dell laptops come with a real OS disk

On 7/25/2010 11:05 PM, wrote:

It is time to buy my last college PC (youngest kid
is about to leave).

I read here a while ago that Dell stopped shipping
real OS...
Forum: Dell Computers July 2nd 10, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
What Model Dell Have You Installed Windows 7 On?

On 7/2/2010 12:43 AM, Mark Opolo wrote:
"Christopher wrote in message
i have successfully installed windows...
Forum: Dell Computers July 1st 10, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Suggestions for a Used 17" Dell LCD Monitor?

On 7/1/2010 1:44 PM, Al Dykes wrote:
In ,
Christopher wrote:
powrwrap wrote:
After much consideration I...
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 10, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Warning - Do not download MS Office 2010 free trial

On 6/30/2010 12:43 PM, BillW50 wrote:
"As System Restore is supposed to be able to undo application installs..."

Wrong. (Not that it will matter to you...)

--
Daddy
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 10, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Warning - Do not download MS Office 2010 free trial

On 6/30/2010 10:36 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
you could try windows xp system restore
(start-programs-acessories-systemtools-systemrestore) to bring your
system back to a point in time before...
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 10, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Warning - Do not download MS Office 2010 free trial

On 6/29/2010 11:22 PM, Dave WB3DWE wrote:
Have Dell precision workstation 390, about 3 years old.
Running XP Prof sp 3 . Using Office 2003 supplied by Dell.

On Jun 26 I came across an offer...
Forum: Dell Computers June 28th 10, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Daddy[_3_]
Which is the best among these 5

On 6/28/2010 4:24 PM, Larry wrote: